We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nightlife on weeknights

Which Boston hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Scottsdale, AZ
Level Contributor
451 posts
41 reviews
Save Topic
Nightlife on weeknights

I'll be in Boston for a conference next weekend and will be extending my stay a couple days. A couple friends are coming down from New York too and we'll have Sunday night and Monday night to hit the town. We're in our early 30's and looking for a lively fun atmosphere. Any recommendations for places that would be happening on a Sunday or Monday? Staying on Newbury Street but can cab it to another area if need be.

Somerville...
Level Contributor
1,458 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nightlife on weeknights

Boston is a very binge-drinky, weekendy town. Sunday and Monday are particularly slow.. Best bet, if the Sox are in town, you'll definitely find a lot of people out by Fenway. (Tell your NY friends not to wear Yankees gear.. seriously) That's close to Newbury.

Otherwise, maybe Fanueil hall?

Quincy...
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
5,849 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nightlife on weeknights

I can tell you from personal experience that Sunday is booming now. I went to a show in the Fenway area on a Non-Redsox Sunday afternoon. At 8pm, we went from restaurant to restaurant only to be told there was an hour or more wait at all of them.

Are you looking for a club, or for a restaurant with a lively bar? For the restaurant and lively bar, on a Sunday, I'd recommend Eastern Standard in Kenmore Sq. If you want to eat there, make a reservation or you will be having a long wait.

Drink, which is a bar in Fort Point, is fun and would probably be good for you to try.

The Beehive, a jazz bar in the South End, is another good option for you.

https://www.facebook.com/DrinkFortPoint

http://www.beehiveboston.com/

easternstandardboston.com/ES_viewer.html

Boston
Level Contributor
6,343 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Nightlife on weeknights

The new restaurants down in the Seaport District seem to be booming all the time -- Legal(check out rooftop bar), DelFrisco's, Tezmacal, Jerry Remy's

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
427 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Nightlife on weeknights

If you go to Eastern Standard you shoul also check out the Hawthorne next door. Awesome bartenders.

Easton...
Level Contributor
1,089 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Nightlife on weeknights

Bond at the Langham hotel

Rumba at the intercontinental

Woodward at the Ames

Anywhere inside the liberty hotel

Scottsdale, AZ
Level Contributor
451 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Nightlife on weeknights

Thanks everyone for the advice. Some great recommendations.

Boston...
Destination Expert
for Killington
Level Contributor
2,061 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Nightlife on weeknights

Rumba not worth it... seriously overpriced, and I go to some pricey places. There is difference between "expensive" and "overpriced"; Rumba is overpriced. And really, just a hotel bar, nothing worth going to. Bond, Woodward, Liberty... all good in their own ways. Can you tell I'm not a fan of Rumba?

Check out Storyville. That might be good on a Sunday.

8. Re: Nightlife on weeknights

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2013, 05:42