We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

airport to N. Quincy

ny
Level Contributor
27 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
airport to N. Quincy

Staying at a marina in N. Quincy that offers a shuttle to the "T", so what is the best way from the airport? Do you think we should get the weekly pass for $15 because we plan to travel back and forth to the city (3 roundtrips for sure) and back to the airport! Thanks for all the expert advice I have found on here. Very helpful!

Boston...
Level Contributor
7,253 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: airport to N. Quincy

From the airport, you would take a Silver Line bus from outside your terminal to South Station and transfer to a Red Line train to (I'm assuming) the North Quincy stop. Check your route on www.mbta.com The trip from the airport will be free.

You should ask how you can access the shuttle to get to the marina. Are you staying at Marina Bay?

You should figure out the cost of the pass v. the number of trips you'll be taking. I think it's usually about nine trips that is the break even point. But you may be taking the "T" when you're in town (going from Haymarket, let's say, to Copley Square) so it maybe be more than your 3 round trips and return to the airport.

Alternately, you could load fare money on a Charlie Card, if you don't think you'll take enough trips for the weekly pass.

ny
Level Contributor
27 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: airport to N. Quincy

Yes we are staying at marina bay. I will try and call the owner of the boat and ask about the shuttle pick up/drop off. How far do you think that t stop is from the marina? I debated about getting a car (not to drive into the city with), but I'm hoping between the shuttle, bus and T we can manage. We will be departing Wed. night at 9pm. Thanks for the information you provided, it was really helpful! :)

Easton...
Level Contributor
1,089 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: airport to N. Quincy

From marina bay to the red line is about a ten minute drive. It isn't a far drive but it has several annoying lights.

Marina bay is very nice. You'll have free parking if you get a rental. If you can get a deal on a rental, I would do it. The shuttle I doubt is on demand but rather a schedule. I was at marina bay Wednesday and it noticed a shuttle run by a and a.

ny
Level Contributor
27 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: airport to N. Quincy

Yes we got a deal at marina bay. Thanks for the information about the shuttle. I hope the owner tells me the times it runs. Do you think we will be able to manage without a car? We arrive Monday at 2:30pm, and plan on spending most of our time away from the marina in downtown Boston. We want to do the duck boat and trolley tour. We leave 9pm on Wed.

Boston...
Level Contributor
7,253 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: airport to N. Quincy

laredo, here's a link that mentions the free shuttle service from the North Quincy T stop. It says it leaves N. Quincy every 20 minutes.

marinasdirectory.org/unitedstates/…498.asp

I'm not sure you need a car. For the money you save, you can take a taxi when needed. Check with the boat owner and ask them for the name of a cab company, if needed. Also, the shuttle doesn't run late at night, so if you stay in Boston later, you'll probably have to take a cab anyway from the T stop.

Marina Bay has a pleasant boardwalk with quite a few restaurants. Nice place to stop for a drink or dinner later in the evening. You can google Marina Bay restaurants to get an idea of what is there.

ny
Level Contributor
27 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: airport to N. Quincy

Thanks for the link about the shuttle, I printed it out and will keep it in my purse. I appreciate your advice Ting! :)

Easton...
Level Contributor
1,089 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: airport to N. Quincy

Ting is a little more hopeful then I am. I doubt that shuttle runs every 20 minutes. Its route entails more then just from the t to marina bay. Like I said even if all goes well, round trip alone is twenty minutes.

Only do dinner at Marina bay is you are tired. The best place there is siro's and it is just ok. It lives on residents and boat owners who don't feel like drinking and driving.

A car will save you time back and forth. Obviously there are parking charges that go along with a rental.

The board walk takes a whopping 5 minutes to cover. If it rains like this past Wednesday, you'll be the only one there.

Boston...
Level Contributor
7,253 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: airport to N. Quincy

laredo, if you're in the mood for an early morning walk when at Marina Bay, there is a fairly small state park at the end of the peninsula called Squantum Point Park. It has an interesting aviation connection as it was the site of the first airfield in Boston. The two long paths are where one of the runways was. There are brief markers explaining the significance of the site.

opengreenmap.org/greenmap/quincy-green-map/s…

But as financialwhiz so wisely reminds us--if you walk outside in the pouring rain, there won't be many people around. :) Enjoy!

ny
Level Contributor
27 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: airport to N. Quincy

Now ting & financial wiz, don't be wishing rain on me. I don't care if its cold, but no rain! I can rent the car from a place in Quincy for $79.99 total picking up on Monday afternoon and returning Wed. at the same time. I plan on spending all day Tuesday in downtown Boston. We also could keep our suitcases in the car if we ventured back to the city on Wed. morning. Decisions, decisions Hmmmmmmm!!!!!

Seriously, I love your suggestions, I'm getting pumped up for this quick trip!

Easton...
Level Contributor
1,089 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: airport to N. Quincy

Ting is reading things that aren't there. All it takes is any type of rain to make Marina Bay a ghost town. Wednesday while I was there it was just a mist and not a soul to be found.

A car will give you the option to be in town under 30 minutes. there are a few clam shacks along the beach that serve pretty good clams.