We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need a happy hour in btwn Fenway and Copley

Which Boston hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Jersey Shore
Level Contributor
42 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Need a happy hour in btwn Fenway and Copley

Now that I have Friday night dinner taken care of (Thanks again) we are going to a Red Sox game Wed. afternoon. Looking for good happy hours on the way back to the hotel which I think is the Westin Copley. I plan on walking back to the hotel so any recommendations along the way would be welcome. Having lived on Newbury St years ago I know how long the walk will be. I am wondering if any of my (really) old haunts still exist!! Completely off-topic, I am also looking forward to exploring the Harbor islands which I have never done! Thanks!!

Hanover,
Level Contributor
3 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need a happy hour in btwn Fenway and Copley

From reading past posts. I believe there are no happy hours in MA.

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
16,414 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Need a happy hour in btwn Fenway and Copley

Not for free or reduced cost drinks. However, food can be free or reduced.

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
6,309 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need a happy hour in btwn Fenway and Copley

No reduced drinks as Alan stated, but food deals can be found. Just went yesterday to the Yard House, 126 Brookline Ave, right near Fenway. Really enjoyed it. They offer half price food items at certain times. www.yardhouse.com/MA/boston-restaurant/

Jersey Shore
Level Contributor
42 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Need a happy hour in btwn Fenway and Copley

Wan't necessarily looking for reduced drink prices. Just looking for good places to hang out. Thank you for the suggestion.

Jersey Shore
Level Contributor
42 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Need a happy hour in btwn Fenway and Copley

I should add we are a couple well into our 40s. Happy hour to me is more a time of day than anything else. Next week it will be an opportunity to have a cocktail at a time when I am still usually slaving away at work. Perhaps I should have asked for suggestions of where to get a good drink, either a cocktail or a really cold beer!

Easton...
Level Contributor
1,089 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Need a happy hour in btwn Fenway and Copley

There are no shortages of places between Fenway and Copley. The bar at Abe and louis or the capital grille bar is a over 40 crowd later in the evening.

boston, ma
Level Contributor
989 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Need a happy hour in btwn Fenway and Copley

There is a group of popular drinking spots along Boylston St. between Mass. Ave. and Fairfield St., several in a row between Hereford and Gloucester Sts.

Boston...
Level Contributor
7,112 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Need a happy hour in btwn Fenway and Copley

For drinks, I'd suggest Sonsie on Newbury (between Mass. Ave. and Hereford), Capital Grille, and Towne (both at the Prudential Center on Boylston St. near the Hynes).

Brasserie Jo also has a pleasant bar area (in the Colonnade).

As has been said above, there are lots of places around.

9. Re: Need a happy hour in btwn Fenway and Copley

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2013, 21:42