We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Seafood restaurant near Omni Parker House

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
1,047 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Best Seafood restaurant near Omni Parker House

I would like a seafood restaurant recommendation - non-chain and ideally taking reservations that is walking distance from the hotel. I know about Neptune but concerned about the wait.

If my parents come along for the trip we would want restaurants closer to the hotel so other recommendations in addition to the seafood restaurants would be appreciated.

Easton...
Level Contributor
1,089 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Seafood restaurant near Omni Parker House

You can walk to the daily catch at the seaport district. Larger then the north end location with outside seating overlooking the water.

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
23,838 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Seafood restaurant near Omni Parker House

The Daily Catch on Northern Ave takes reservations and credit/debit cards. (The one on Hanover Street does not take reservations and is cash only).

If that's too long of a walk for your parents (about 20 minutes) it's a quick cab ride.

Boston...
Level Contributor
7,471 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Seafood restaurant near Omni Parker House

I put off going to the Oceanaire Restaurant (very near the Parker House) for the reason that it was a chain. I have to say that when I did go, I was pleasantly surprised. The food was wonderful and the service was some of the best I've had in Boston. It is in a lovely space as well, I believe in a former bank, back when bank buildings were imposing and dignified. I have friends who now make it one of their "special occasion" restaurants.

So I recommend it highly and it is close to you. theoceanaire.com/locations/…Locations.aspx

Quincy...
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
6,061 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Seafood restaurant near Omni Parker House

If Daily Catch is considered walking distance from the Omni, then certainly Atlantic Seafood company on Boylston St. is walking distance as well.

You can also walk to Chinatown and have some fantastic seafood, for half the price you are going to pay at Oceanaire.

Boston
Level Contributor
6,674 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best Seafood restaurant near Omni Parker House

You are centrally located and Boston is small, so technically you could walk to just about any seafood restaurant in the downtown neighborhoods, but they are not all short walks. How far do you want to walk? I'm racking my brain trying to think of non-chain seafood restaurants within a few blocks of your hotel and can't come up with anything.

Still, there is no need to limit yourself to walking distance, the subway is easy to use and you are convenient to a number of stations.

Island Creek Oyster Bar is a nice seafood restaurant. You could get on the Green Line at Park Street and take it to Kenmore. It's right there.

Do you exclude Legal because it's a chain? The Park Square location is not a bad walk from your hotel.

Also note that you don't have to go to a seafood restaurant to get good seafood. Many, many restaurants offer seafood on their menus.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
1,047 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best Seafood restaurant near Omni Parker House

True - does not have to be a seafood restaurant. I'm guessing it's not hard to get fresh seafood at most restaurants? I have't heard great things about Legal which is partly why I threw it in the 'chain' category but yes - I would be open to local chains that serve good food.

Hollis, New...
Level Contributor
4,670 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best Seafood restaurant near Omni Parker House

Legal Seafoods definitely serves good food.

I probably have a bias in favor of Legal because I used to eat at the original Inman Square location, back when there were no other locations in existence. I tend to think of it as a local restaurant that grew because of its success, as opposed to a big chain that was designed for mass-market appeal. In any case, it's popular for a reason. The fish and shellfish are always fresh and well prepared. I have a feeling, which of course I can't prove, that some of the people who don't like it want their fish prepared more fancily. I think Legal tends to let seafood stand on its own merit, for the most part, which I like.

If people don't like it or don't want to eat there for whatever reason, that's their business, but the seafood there is of high quality.

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
16,831 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Best Seafood restaurant near Omni Parker House

I never hear people complain about the quality of seafood at Legal's, so that's not really a concern. I think the key is the ambiance. Out of all the Legals, I like the feel of the one on the Waterfront best.

Boston...
Destination Expert
for Killington
Level Contributor
2,081 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best Seafood restaurant near Omni Parker House

"I'm guessing it's not hard to get fresh seafood at most restaurants?"

Most half-decent restaurants have a couple fresh seafood items on the menu. Sometimes, it is the "special". You could eat delicious seafood here for lunch and dinner for a week, and never hit a "seafood" restaurant.

Easton...
Level Contributor
1,089 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Best Seafood restaurant near Omni Parker House

Not knocking the quality of legals, just saying it fits the op's description of corporate prepared food. Everything is prepared before it arrives at the rest. A piece of flounder at one location will be the exact same size and weight served at all other locations.