We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bostonians are the Best!!!!

Which Boston hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Southern California
Level Contributor
97 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Bostonians are the Best!!!!

Wow! My daughter and I just returned from a five day trip to Boston. When we arrived on 3/31 it was 70 degrees. We couldn't help commenting to the taxi driver that we brought our CA weather with us, except that it was 50 and raining in SoCal. We stayed at the Omni Parker House which was incredible. We shared the whole place with the Maryland women's basketball entourage. So much history in that place. Absolutely beautiful accomodations for about $228 a night. Perfect proximity to everything.

On Sat., April 1 we attended UMass Boston Welcome Day, where my daughter will be attending and playing volleyball in the fall. They rolled out the red carpet. What a gorgeous location for a school. They made Megan fill so special and she is counting the days. The T at JFK/UMass was so convenient.

We spent six hours shopping on Newbury Street, and loved the Common and Gardens. Quincy Market, Fanueil Hall, Duck Tours, were great ways to spend the day. But, it is people that make Boston the awesome and enchanting place that it is. The town is a class act. Bostonians are warm, wonderful, helpful, and have a marvelous sense of humor. My daughter can't wait to spend the next four years here, (maybe longer) and we can't wait to come visit. Thanks Boston for a great time. See you again soon.

Boston
Level Contributor
2,907 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bostonians are the Best!!!!

Good morning Taxiplease!

I remember when you started making your plans! That's GREAT news! It certainly came and went SO fast, didn't it!

SO glad to hear you had such a great time in Boston! You did ALL the right things and you still have room for MORE when you get back here! There's quite a lot more to do and quite a lot more to see! Your days will be filled up you'll be so busy!

Very glad to hear that your daughter Megan and you liked the UMASS/Boston campus!

I was over by that Campus about a month ago and couldn't believe that beautiful new "Campus Center" When I saw it a few years ago that whole area was all under construction---WOW! What a difference there now, it's absolutely beautiful! More than EVER before! I'm so happy for your daughter going there in the Fall. That's wonderful news and I know she will really enjoy that school a lot once she really settles in.

Enjoy your visits to Boston in the next several years and don't hesitate with any more questions you might have, we'll be happy to help you with them on TA.

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
6,300 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bostonians are the Best!!!!

Ditto to what NoMo so nicely said. Congratulations and best wishes to your daughter and her college years!

Maine
Level Contributor
857 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bostonians are the Best!!!!

Hi taxiplease,

Thanks for your report :). It's so nice to get feedback from those who have posted asking for advice. I for one, am always curious about how posters' trips went, where they ended up staying, and if they were happy with TA's recommendations, etc.

Now if you have the time, you can help others plan their trips with all your new found knowledge :).

In any case, glad to hear how much fun you guys had and that your daughter is thrilled to start school here.

Eons ago, I came to Boston to attend college, fell in love with the city, and basically never left the area (with the exception of a 6 year stint in Florida due to a business promotion). So I wouldn't be surprised if your daughter does the same!

cozyharbor

Boston...
Level Contributor
1,754 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bostonians are the Best!!!!

Very happy that you all loved Boston! Just wait 'til you check out the whole New England area!

Quincy...
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
5,776 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bostonians are the Best!!!!

Hi Taxi,

It's nice to hear for a change that Bostonians are warm, wonderful and helpful. I think that the city sometimes gets a bad rap from the media for being cold and rude.

I also came here to go to college many moons ago, and ended up never leaving. I know I love the area, and I'm happy you had such a great trip.