We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best fish and chips near Marriott Long Wharf?

Long Island City...
Level Contributor
80 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Best fish and chips near Marriott Long Wharf?

Any suggestions for the best fish and chips fairly near the Marriott? I know Legal Seafoods is pretty good and is near but we have that by my house, so we are looking for a true Boston fish and chip experience since we are first timers...any ideas?

thanks

ps.. really fresh and lightly battered if possible please? i took my mother to a reputable maine restaurant last summer where my mother ordered fish and chips. what came to the table was a mound of the batter that falls off the fish/gets stuck on the bottom on the fryer and gets fried over and over ...brownish black mystery fish. she didnt eat a thing. i need to redeem myself bc i still hear about the fish from maine haha! help!

Easton...
Level Contributor
1,089 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Best fish and chips near Marriott Long Wharf?

Over in the seaport district I would try either Yankee lobster or the no name.

It's a nice walk along the harbor. You can take the water taxi.

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
24,066 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best fish and chips near Marriott Long Wharf?

Believe it or not, my son always ordered fish and chips at the Daily Catch when he was younger and they're good too.

Northern Ireland
Level Contributor
1,636 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best fish and chips near Marriott Long Wharf?

I was going to go for the obvious one - Legals right next to your hotel - but you've ruled that out.

At the risk of inviting criticism from Bostonians, I'd actually say Joe's American Bar & Grill on the other side of your hotel is worth a try. I know it's a chain restaurant, but for thos of us from the UK, we just don't get chain restaurants that offer any decent food, so Joe's American tends to be our first night venue of choice when we stay in that area - relaxed atmosphere, decent food and fab location.

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
1,456 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best fish and chips near Marriott Long Wharf?

There are no decent fish and chips close by, period. - it's sad. However there is massively good fish / seafood options all over the plaice ;-)

Legal test kitchen on the waterfront worth a dob.

Quincy...
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
6,114 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best fish and chips near Marriott Long Wharf?

Salty Dog at Quincy Market has pretty decent fried platters, including Fish and Chips. That is close by your hotel.

Northern Ireland
Level Contributor
1,636 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best fish and chips near Marriott Long Wharf?

ah yes indeed - forgot about Salty Dog. McCormick Schmicks might also be worth a look?

7. Re: Best fish and chips near Marriott Long Wharf?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 July 2013, 10:16