We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay for one night with kids

New Orleans, LA
Level Contributor
275 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Where to stay for one night with kids

We will be arriving in Boston next week on Thurs. around lunch ( have been staying with friends in CT). DH, me and 4 kids. We fly home Friday , mid-morning. We've visited the city once before and done part of the Freedom Trail and the Science Museum. Looking for 2 hotel rooms that will be walkable for restaurants and maybe some sights and still not inconvenient for a 10 am departure from Logan. Maybe the waterfront area? We missed the Italian restaurants in the North End and are all about local food-would we be close?

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
23,661 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay for one night with kids

Do you have a budget in mind?

The hotels closest to the north end would be Millenium, Boston Harbor Hotel, Intercontinental, Fairmont Battery Wharf and the Harborside Inn. Hotels in the financial district such at the Ames, Hyatt or Langham would also work.

http://www.lastminutetravel.com has couple of decent options available that night for 1 adult and 2 kids for under $160 per room (before tax). They aren't all that close to the North End (theatre district and back bay) but you could get there with a short subway ride.

New Orleans, LA
Level Contributor
275 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay for one night with kids

Thank you for the suggestions. Budget is $250 or thereabouts per room.

Would those that you mention which are convenient to the North End also be convenient to the airport?

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
16,773 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to stay for one night with kids

Yes, but everything in Downtown Boston is convenient to the Airport. Since you were here before, you already must know that Boston is very compact and nothing is really very far away.

Norwood...
Level Contributor
1,270 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to stay for one night with kids

I love the Ames but I wouldn't want to stay there with my kids. We had a see through shower in our room, cool...for a date night ;) I thought the Millenium had nice big rooms and would bring my kids there. Easy walk to North End and LOTS of restaurants

5. Re: Where to stay for one night with kids

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 July 2013, 10:15