We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

fenway after the game

Grand Rapids...
Level Contributor
80 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
fenway after the game

Going to the game on Monday 07/30. Planning on taking the subway back to the North End after the game. Before the game will be coming from the Isabella Garden Museum, so what subway station do I need to walk to after the game and could you estimate how far it would be. Thanks

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
6,398 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: fenway after the game

Short walk to Kenmore, take Green Line to Haymarket or North Station.

Hollis, New...
Level Contributor
4,670 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: fenway after the game

What I consider a better idea is to walk back through the Fens to the Museum of Fine Arts trolley stop (close to the Gardner). The crowds are far smaller than at Kenmore, which is a zoo during game time rush. Alternatively, walk through Back Bay as far as you care to, possibly even all the way to the North End. It's a lovely walk, and it gives the crowds a chance to thin out.

Somerville...
Level Contributor
1,592 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: fenway after the game

I wouldn't walk through the Fens parks after dark (as is likely the case). To make a long story short, it's not a place for tourists. It's also the completely wrong direction from the North End.

Get on at Kenmore and take the green line to haymarket. If the Kenmore station is too clogged from after game, take a Pedicab to Hynes.

Hollis, New...
Level Contributor
4,670 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: fenway after the game

The Fens after a ball game is full of people. As for the direction, the destination is a Green Line station that isn't jam-packed.

Easton...
Level Contributor
1,089 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: fenway after the game

I agree with wps. I'd rather walk back to the north end then take the green line from kenmore after a game, and have done so.

Boston...
Level Contributor
7,471 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: fenway after the game

If you don't want to wait at the crowded Kenmore Station, I'd start walking and pick up the Green Line at Hynes Convention Center or Copley (or walk all the way). Or go have a snack and/or a drink until the post-game crowd has left.

I would not recommend walking through the Fens at 10 o'clock. That area would probably not be familiar to you. You could go to Huntington, but I would walk around the Fenway and by that time you'd be in Copley Square going towards the North End.

Grand Rapids...
Level Contributor
80 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: fenway after the game

Thanks everyone, if we don't feel like waiting how long do you think it would take us to walk back to the North End?

Easton...
Level Contributor
1,089 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: fenway after the game

You can also exit to Ipswich street behind Fenway. Lots will be walking this way. Follow Ipswich and left on boylston and left on mass ave. The orange line stop is right there, take it to haymarket which is across from the north end.

Mbta.com

The walk to the north end is very nice and 40 minutes.

Boston...
Level Contributor
7,471 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: fenway after the game

I think it would take you about an hour to walk to the North End, give or take, depending on where you're going there.

Boston...
6 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: fenway after the game

instead of walking through the Fens or waiting at Kenmore getting stuffed into a T like a sardine - why don't you either leave an inning before the game is out and go to Kenmore T stop or walk into any bar (eastern standard is great and next door to the station) and have a drink or two and then walk into Kenmore.

.02cents