We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Questions re shopping in Boston

Prince Edward Island
Level Contributor
429 posts
54 reviews
Save Topic
Questions re shopping in Boston

We are coming into Boston this weekend ( Fri July 20-22), a family of three, husband wife and 10 yr old son.......we are staying at Fairmont Battery Wharf and going to Red Sox games Fri and Sat.........wondering about options for my wife , as at least Friday night ( and maybe Sat if decent shopping options can be found lol) it is just me and my son going to the game......is there decent shopping in the area or what would her options be?.....would probably not be comfortable going alone on Subway, but could return on taxi maybe?.......is there a plan anyone could see where all 3 of us could go somewhere at like 430 or 5 maybe eat , and then leave her in that area to shop and then taxi back to hotel when she was finished while my son and I went to the baseball game

Mentioned in this post
Boston
Boston
Massachusetts
I AM Books
Gift & Speciality Shops
Russian Dolls
Gift & Speciality Shops
Old Japan
Gift & Speciality Shops
Boston...
Level Contributor
7,763 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Questions re shopping in Boston

The Shops at the Prudential and Lord & Taylor are open until 9:00 on Friday and Saturday nights. You could eat an early dinner near there and walk to the game. Then your wife could take a taxi or the T back to the hotel when she's finished shopping.

Also check stores at Copley Place and Saks 5th Ave. Newbury St. has a lot of smaller shops as well.

And the North End has its share of interesting small shops. That is near your hotel.

Smaller shops most likely will close earlier though on Friday and Saturday.

Mentioned in this post
Copley Place
Copley Place
121 Reviews
Boston, MA
North End
North End
6,227 Reviews
Boston, MA
Newbury Guest House
Newbury Guest House
700 Reviews
Boston, MA
Watertown, MA
Level Contributor
2,768 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Questions re shopping in Boston

Also Newbury Street, many places will be open until 9 both nights. Lots of variety of shops, food, window shopping etc

this website will give you an idea of the variety of places

http://www.newbury-st.com/

Mentioned in this post
Newbury Street
Newbury Street
2,140 Reviews
Boston, MA
MA
Destination Expert
for New England
Level Contributor
6,797 posts
205 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Questions re shopping in Boston

Newbury St will be full of people on a Fri and Sat night. It is a long street lined with shops, boutiques, cafes, restaurants, etc., where people stroll. It is great for people watching. One street over is Boylston, where there is the mall entrance. Newbury St. Is close to Fenway.

Mentioned in this post
Fenway Park
Fenway Park
13,140 Reviews
Boston, MA
Newbury Guest House
Newbury Guest House
700 Reviews
Boston, MA
Dallas, Texas...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
24,300 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Questions re shopping in Boston

There's also a lot of fun shopping at Faneuil Hall Marketplace. That will be a bit closer to your hotel. You could all eat there and you guys could hop on the T.

Mentioned in this post
Faneuil Hall Marketplace
Faneuil Hall Marketplace
6,564 Reviews
Boston, MA
Boston...
Level Contributor
12,881 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Questions re shopping in Boston

As a special treat for your wife, she might like to spend the day at the Wrentham Outlets. She can get there by bus.

premiumoutlets.com/outlets/directions.asp…

Prince Edward Island
Level Contributor
429 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Questions re shopping in Boston

thanks for the help people, it is appreciated!

7. Re: Questions re shopping in Boston

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 July 2013, 06:17