We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need some guidance on itinerary-3 Days in Boston

Which Boston hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
7 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Need some guidance on itinerary-3 Days in Boston

We are flying into Boston on Saturday the 28th and staying at the Marriott Courtyard on Tremont. We will have 7 people ranging in age from 12-80 so I am juggling a lot of interest. So far we have a dinner reservation at the Atlantic Fish company on Saturday. Sunday is wide open so I was planning on potentially trying the Shakespeare in the Park. Monday we have tickets to the sox in the evening. I am looking for suggestions for activities on Sunday and Monday (Freedom Trail etc.) and dining suggestions for Sunday and Monday both lunch and dinner. I have read the site extensively but I am looking to take advantage of local knowledge and experience. No car btw.

Dayton, OH
Level Contributor
291 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need some guidance on itinerary-3 Days in Boston

I would suggest dining one night at Union Oyster House, the oldest restaurant in the country. We ate there the last time we were in Boston and it was delish. Make sure to try the cornbread :) The kids (and adults) might enjoy taking a duck tour. Have fun :)

Dallas, Texas...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
21,080 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need some guidance on itinerary-3 Days in Boston

Dinner in the North End is a must. With a party of 7, I'd suggest selecting a restaurant that interests you and making reservations.

Depending on how the older folks get around, you may want to do a Trolley tour of Boston and only walk selected parts of Freedom Trail.

Spend some time in the Faneuil Hall/Quincy Market area. Have lunch here (wherever strikes your fancy). The Union Oyster House is in this area, along with several other restaurants. People may get a kick out of Durgin Park. The food court is also fun (don't think "mall food court").

Walk over to the New England Aquarium and spend a few hours there. It's very near Faneuil Hall.

Any interest in a Harbor Cruise? You don't have a lot of time, but a longer Whale Watch is really special. I like the New England Aquarium's Whale Watch, but other companies operate them as well.

If you are semi-adventurous eaters, consider doing a Dim Sum Sunday brunch in Chinatown.

Boston...
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Need some guidance on itinerary-3 Days in Boston

I agree with previous post, the North End is a must. Sunday lunch would be great. One of my favorite restaurants is Antico Forno. Stay off of Hanover Street and vist the smaller restaurants on the side streets. You can spend a whole day in the North End just walking and seeing sites (Old North Church, walk to the water front, Rose Kennedy Greenway). Wear comfortable shoes and have fun. I love my City!!

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
7 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Need some guidance on itinerary-3 Days in Boston

Thank you Christn. I saw another thread on North End Rest. and it seemed like Marco was a popular choice. I will look into that for Sunday. We are planning on heading down to the Cape on Tuesday afternoon and spending three days down there and catching the Whale Watching tour out of Hyannis so I think we will forgo the harbor tour but the other suggestions are very helpful. Is there a quality dinner place over by Fenway that we could hit before the game?

Hollis, New...
Level Contributor
4,669 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Need some guidance on itinerary-3 Days in Boston

I can recommend three quality dinner places very near Fenway (although I've actually experienced only two of them):

Eastern Standard

Petit Robert

Island Creek Oyster Bar (this is the one I haven't been to, but practically everyone I've ever heard mention it raves about it)

I'm pretty sure all of these are on OpenTable.com, making it easy to get the reservation that you should definitely make.

6. Re: Need some guidance on itinerary-3 Days in Boston

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 August 2013, 10:16