We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Walk from Alewife Station to Best Western Hotel Tria

Which Boston hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Knoxville, TN
Destination Expert
for Interlaken
Level Contributor
4,690 posts
292 reviews
Save Topic
Walk from Alewife Station to Best Western Hotel Tria

What route do I take? Tried to look at a satellite map but really could tell. Called the hotel and they said to walk on the freeway??? Not sure I totally believe that.

Somerville...
Level Contributor
1,396 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Walk from Alewife Station to Best Western Hotel Tria

You'll in fact be walking along Alewife Brook Parkway (Rt 2/Rt 3/Rt 16). Don't worry, there's a well-railed-off sidewalk. Head in the direction of the Summer Shack and keep going till you hit the rotary (roundabout/traffic circle)

Edited: 01 August 2012, 02:04
Somerville
Level Contributor
287 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Walk from Alewife Station to Best Western Hotel Tria

Well, you will be walking along a busy road but there are sidewalks on both sides.

You can look at the satellite view http://goo.gl/maps/zdbbu and go to Street View for a closer look.

Boston...
Level Contributor
302 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Walk from Alewife Station to Best Western Hotel Tria

I doubt you got a local person if they used the term freeway. It's a busy road but has sidewalks with high curbs and plenty of traffic lights and crosswalks. I believe you exit to your right and the walk is ten minutes or so. Btw: fresh pond is a great place to walk around.

Knoxville, TN
Destination Expert
for Interlaken
Level Contributor
4,690 posts
292 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Walk from Alewife Station to Best Western Hotel Tria

Thanks!

Winchester...
Level Contributor
6,013 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Walk from Alewife Station to Best Western Hotel Tria

Sounds like you got customer service in California! (as walkingthegre says we do not use the word "freeway" here.

Basically you walk over the bridge down to the rotary and take a left.

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
22,138 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Walk from Alewife Station to Best Western Hotel Tria

Go to googlemaps and ask for directions from Summer Shack Cambridge to Best Western Tria Cambridge and you'll get the picture.

Follow the cars exiting the garage to the main road (Alewife Brook Parkway). You'll see the restaurant called Summer Shack. Turn right and walk untl you see the hotel. There are business on both sides of teh road near the hotel and pedestrian lights.

It seems confusing, but once you see it you'll realize, it's not too bad.

And when I think "freeway" I think 4+ lanes in each directions and high speeds ... it's a busy major road, but not a "freeway", honest. We wouldn't send you walking on a true Freeway!!!.

Edited: 01 August 2012, 02:16
Boston
Level Contributor
6,251 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Walk from Alewife Station to Best Western Hotel Tria

It's a pretty straight shot from Alewife to the Tria. It's a busy area, but a good thing about that is that there is a shopping plaza next to the Tria with a Whole Foods and a liquor store, also a Trader Joe's across the street. So, if you need food or beverages in the room it's convenient.

Knoxville, TN
Destination Expert
for Interlaken
Level Contributor
4,690 posts
292 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Walk from Alewife Station to Best Western Hotel Tria

Everyone was correct about everything. I especially like the Whole Foods and Liquor store next door. You can also get a $2 discount coupon everytime you visit the Whole Foods by going to the customer service desk and showing them your room key. I only know this because it was contained in one of the reviews here on TA...not mentioned at all ANYWHERE at the hotel.

Next question: Is there a self serve laundry facility anywhere close by? I can wash things in the sink, but drying them is a bit difficult.

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
16,215 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Walk from Alewife Station to Best Western Hotel Tria

The concierge or desk clerk should be able to answer that for you.

Knoxville, TN
Destination Expert
for Interlaken
Level Contributor
4,690 posts
292 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Walk from Alewife Station to Best Western Hotel Tria

Thanks, Alanm.