We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Another pesky Red Sox seating question

Which Boston hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
OhioMac54
Level Contributor
163 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Another pesky Red Sox seating question

I have a choice between GS14 (row 10) and GS25 (row 25). It is a night game and I will have a baseball crazy 10-year-old with me. Which seating do you think he would enjoy most?

Winchester...
Level Contributor
6,133 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Another pesky Red Sox seating question

probably GS14 row 10 but my first inclination was GS25 row 25 but I really don't think it will make much difference.

Quincy...
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
5,930 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Another pesky Red Sox seating question

You can go to the Red Sox web site and see the view from each seat and decide for yourself. Section 14 is around or just past 1st Base. Section 25 is about halfway between 3rd and Home.

…mlb.com/bos/ticketing/seating_pricing.jsp

OhioMac54
Level Contributor
163 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Another pesky Red Sox seating question

Thanks. I've read on here that the Red Sox pictures are not always a true representation of the actual seat. There were other choices online, but I thought these two sections were my best choice.

Winchester...
Level Contributor
6,133 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Another pesky Red Sox seating question

years ago I worked for a company that had four season tickets near where those section 25 seats are - in those days we had a hard time finding anyone to use them, so I saw a lot of games. they aren't bad seats, but i think it's generally preferable to be 15 rows down, so you don't feel completely boxed in by the roof.

OhioMac54
Level Contributor
163 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Another pesky Red Sox seating question

Actually I created a typo. The seats are GS 14, Row 10 and GS 25, Row 12.

Quincy...
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
5,930 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Another pesky Red Sox seating question

Really, either one will be fine. You are looking at the field from almost directly opposite ends. Do you like to see plays at first base or third base, that's your decision... and, other than the fact that those pictures probably give the impression of being a bit farther away from the field than you actually are, they are accurate representations of what you will see.

Edited: 03 August 2012, 00:09
OhioMac54
Level Contributor
163 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Another pesky Red Sox seating question

Thanks for the responses. We went with first base and are looking forward to our first Red Sox game.

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
6,335 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Another pesky Red Sox seating question

Yes, the Red Sox photos are not fully accurate. If you go to www.aviewfrommyseat.com - you'll see photos that are more realistic.

When sitting in the grandstands you not only need to know section and row but seat number to get the best grasp of your view since there are poles throughout. If you have the exact seats go to www.preciseseating.com and key in all your information. It gives a pretty accurate description of the view from your seats.

With that said, I have sat in both sections... for 14, if possible avoid seats 1, 2, 26; for 25, if possible avoid seats 1, 2

9. Re: Another pesky Red Sox seating question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 August 2013, 00:15