We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Are there any nice hotels under $200?

Cary, NC
Level Contributor
234 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Are there any nice hotels under $200?

Once again I am counting on my fellow travelers to come through for me. My husband, Dad ( age 85) and I are going to Boston Sat., Aug 18 to Sun the 19th , then heading up to Cape Ann. We don't know much about where to stay to get the most in on such a short time but we had briefly read that the Harborfront/Aquarium and Quincy Market/Financial District would be the best so that is where we are searching. What a shock . Can't find anything nice for under $200, $250. What's up with that? We'll need 2 rooms so searched hotels with 2 bedroom units and couldn't find any available so now are looking at simply booking 2 rooms instead of looking for 1 with 2 bedrooms. Can anybody help? Suggestions for hotels, location, things to do, etc.

Hollis, New...
Level Contributor
4,670 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Are there any nice hotels under $200?

The Harborside Inn (http://harborsideinnboston.com/index.cfm) shows availability for that night for $199 plus tax.

Priceline is showing the Kendall Hotel (just across the river in Cambridge, walkable or a quick T ride to the heart of Boston) at $184.

Dallas, Texas...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
23,564 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Are there any nice hotels under $200?

LastMinuteTravel.com is a good resource for Boston. Identities are hidden, but many hotels make it easy to figure out the identity. The punch line is that I'm going to suggest the Park Plaza, booked elsewhere, but here are other alternatives.

- 4 * Back Bay with 1216 guestrooms available for $187 is the Boston Sheraton.

-3.5 * BB with the opening photo of a table in an ornate lobby and 941 guestrooms is the Park Plaza. $199. Expedia has a similar deal but you can select room types. See below.

- 3 * Quincy/Financial/Waterfront with 471 guest rooms is Renaissance Boston Waterfront Hotel $175. This area of the waterfront is in a less central and less convenient location. It wouldn't be a great choice.

Though Quincy Market/Financial District is your first choice, Boston is Compact. Take a look at the Park Plaza's location on the map to see just how centrally located it is. Expedia lets you select from various room types. $179 is the petite room. I would encourage you to go with standard rooms for $188-197. Some guest rooms are overdue for an update, but the hotel itself is a journey into old-world elegance. It could be a fun choice for your budget. You can probably book these deals directly on the hotel website as well, but I haven't looked. Check pricing for suites on their website too.

Rooms at the Sheraton will probably be nicer than the Park Plaza but it's not quite as central. It's still a good neighborhood to be in.

Note about LMT, hotels "On Request" may or may not be available at that price. Hotel has 48 hours to reply. I've listed only "Available" options

Edited: 08 August 2012, 16:37
3. Re: Are there any nice hotels under $200?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 August 2012, 20:12
Cary, NC
Level Contributor
234 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Are there any nice hotels under $200?

Very helpful info. Thanks, Guys!

5. Re: Are there any nice hotels under $200?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 August 2013, 11:17