We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How long to get fromLogan airport to Hynes Convention Center

Silver Spring, MD
Level Contributor
194 posts
69 reviews
Save Topic
How long to get fromLogan airport to Hynes Convention Center

How long does it take to get from the airport to the Convention Center by public transportation? It appears from their website that I can use one of two methods.

Take a shuttle to the T, the Blue Line westbound (Bowdoin Station) to Government Center and then transfer to the Green Line train D (Riverside) to the Hynes Convention Ctr/ICA Stop.

Take the Silver Line bus to South Station and then transfer to Commuter Rail to Back Bay Station.

How long does each of these take and is one more frequent or easier than the other? I would be traveling from the airport to Convention Center on Sunday afternoon and returning to the airport either Wednesday evening or Thursday morning.

Is there anything else I should know?

Sorry if this has been asked before, but I searched the forums and couldn't find it. Thanks for your help.

Boston
Level Contributor
6,576 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How long to get fromLogan airport to Hynes Convention Center

You don't want to take the commuter rail. They run on a fixed schedule and there can literally be hours between trains, especially on a Sunday. The subway is the better way. I'm thinking it will take you close to 45 minutes, taking into consideration wait times. By the way, you can take any Green Line train except an E train to get to Hynes.

Another alternative is Silver Line to South Station. Red Line to Park, switch to Green. I really don't know which subway alternative would be faster.

Boston...
Level Contributor
7,221 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How long to get fromLogan airport to Hynes Convention Center

MBTA trip planner says 38 minutes, so 45 is more likely. Both routes have the same estimates.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
5,186 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How long to get fromLogan airport to Hynes Convention Center

I would do Silver Line to South St, Red Line to Park St, Green Line to Hynes. MBTA is currently allowing free transfers to the Silver Line at Logan (a pilot program that runs through early September) and you get a free transfer to the Red Line at South St. So you can effectively ride from Logan to Hynes for free on your arrival date, provided it is within the next 2-3 weeks.

The transfer to the Green Line is easy enough - go up one level at Park St and follow the signs. Any Westbound (or Outbound) B, C, or D train on the Green line will take you to Hynes. Note that the Green Line uses trolley cars rather than subway trains, and they can be a little more crowded, especially with luggage.

-JimG

Silver Spring, MD
Level Contributor
194 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How long to get fromLogan airport to Hynes Convention Center

Thanks all. That's just the kind of info I needed. I will only have a carry-on backpack so the trolley shouldn't be a problem.

5. Re: How long to get fromLogan airport to Hynes Convention Center

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 August 2013, 01:15