We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Touring alone in Boston

Which Boston hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Sacramento...
3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Touring alone in Boston

Going to Boston with 4 other ladies but will mainly be touring by myself for a good part of each day. Staying at the Courtyard in South Boston. Any worries getting to and from the T early morning and early evening on both the weekday and weekends?

South Pole
Level Contributor
15,381 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Touring alone in Boston

u might like to try the boston forum.

tripadvisor.com.au/ShowForum-g60745-i48-Bost…

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Touring alone in Boston

Support Forum is for asking general questions on how to use TripAdvisor website, how to find things on it and how to use its many features.

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
1,923 posts
TripAdvisor Staff  What's this?
Save Reply
3. Re: Touring alone in Boston

Dear Jennifer,

I noticed that you inadvertently posted your question on the TripAdvisor Support Forum, so I have moved it on your behalf to the Boston forum. I hope you find the information you need to plan your upcoming travels.

Kind regards,

TA_Jane

TripAdvisor Support Team

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
16,232 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Touring alone in Boston

It's not a particularly nice neighborhood to walk through, so if you have some concern, I would switch to a Downtown hotel.

Delray Beach...
Level Contributor
589 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Touring alone in Boston

Although it is not as convenient as downtown, it is safe in early evening and early morning. If Courtyard can get you to the Red line MBTA train, it is about 25 minutes from downtown.

Sacramento...
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Touring alone in Boston

Thanks for your advice. We decided to change hotels to the Royal Sonesta in Cambridge. From what I read from others on TA it sounded like a better area.

Delray Beach...
Level Contributor
589 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Touring alone in Boston

The Royal Sonesta has great views of downtown across the Charles River. It is also across the street from the Galleria Mall. Also it is close enough to Kendall Station on the Red line MBTA train, but you will have to walk a little. This area is safe as well.

Boston...
Level Contributor
302 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Touring alone in Boston

Ditto what Bostongirl said plus there are some great places to eat in Kendall sq. The friendly toast being one. The walk to Charles street is about 20 minutes.

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
16,232 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Touring alone in Boston

A much better choice!

Boston
Level Contributor
6,251 posts