We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best kid friendly seafood restaurant?

Which Boston hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New York
Level Contributor
135 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Best kid friendly seafood restaurant?

What is the best kid friendly seafood restaurant in Boston? There will be 6 adults, an 8 year old, a 4 year old an 18 month old and a 13 month old.

Def looking for good fresh fish...we are willing to spend for lobster but not too outrageous of a price.

We do usually go to the Ye Old Oyster House once a year so we do plan on going back there but we would like another as well.

I also would like a recommendation for a nice kid friendly restaurant in Little Italy...We have been to Strega and one and other place...can't remember the name.

Please note, all of our prior visits to Boston have been without kids.

Quincy...
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
5,788 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best kid friendly seafood restaurant?

All the Legal Seafoods restaurants have children's menus. Is that your definition of "kid friendly"?

Yankee Lobster is another place to consider, it's a no-atmosphere kind of place by the waterfront, but the food is excellent, and I'm sure you can get some fries and maybe some fish cakes or something for your kids.

Most restaurants in Little Italy are kid friendly as far as if they welcome them, have booster seats, etc. However, to my mind, one major "kid friendly" feature is if they take reservations, so you don't need to be lined up on the sidewalk for an hour trying to keep the kids happy. La Summa on Fleet St. is an excellent choice that takes reservations. You can get a plain plate of pasta and butter for the kids, if that's what they like.

http://www.lasumma.com/dinner.html

New York
Level Contributor
135 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best kid friendly seafood restaurant?

Thanks!! As far as Legal Seafoods, we have a couple on Long Island and I don't think they are that great.

My friend said she wanted to try Atlantic Fish or something like that. Not sure if they have high chairs or if they are kid friendly.

I will definitely check out La Summa.

Winchester...
Level Contributor
6,086 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best kid friendly seafood restaurant?

Summer Shack.

Boston...
Level Contributor
7,090 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best kid friendly seafood restaurant?

I 2nd the Summer Shack recommendation. Very casual, but great food and atmosphere.

New York
Level Contributor
135 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best kid friendly seafood restaurant?

Is the Summer Shack easy to get to?

Boston...
Level Contributor
7,061 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Best kid friendly seafood restaurant?

I think many restaurants are kid-friendly if you go early enough. The only problem with children dining is when they cry or act up and disturb other diners. Otherwise, most people don't care.

So I think if you dine early, you can go most anywhere. I like Atlantic Fish and do recommend it. The Summer Shack is more casual but probably not less expensive.

Boston...
Level Contributor
7,090 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best kid friendly seafood restaurant?

Summer Shack is easy to get to. There is one on Dalton Street across from the Sheraton and another in Cambridge on Alewife Parkway. summershackrestaurant.com for info.

Cambridge...
Level Contributor
2,483 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best kid friendly seafood restaurant?

I recommend the Cambridge Summer Shack - they have crayons for the kids and on Sundays a guy that makes things with balloons. It is very asual and no one minds if the kids are restless.as long s they don;t go crazy.

9. Re: Best kid friendly seafood restaurant?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 December 2013, 10:17