We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurants near the Seaport Hotel and South Station areas

Which Boston hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Massachusetts
Level Contributor
56 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurants near the Seaport Hotel and South Station areas

Hi,

I need restaurant recommendations for 2 areas in Boston....the Seaport Hotel area and the area near South Station.

I am entertaining a group of Canadian clients and want a place that has delicious food (preferably not a restaurant specializing in seafood as they get plenty of fish at home), and is quiet enough to talk business. I don't need "the hottest food trend type of place," though most of my guests are adventuresome eaters. I want to show them how spectacular Boston food can be. Where would you go?

Boston...
Level Contributor
1,586 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurants near the Seaport Hotel and South Station areas

You should google the area, there's plenty to choose.

Rosa Mexicano

Salvatores

Legals

Mortons

Sams

606 Congress

Boston
Level Contributor
6,347 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurants near the Seaport Hotel and South Station areas

City Landing would be good for a business dinner, not too far from South Station, on Long Wharf. Trade is nice and pretty close to S. Station.

Boston...
Level Contributor
7,127 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurants near the Seaport Hotel and South Station areas

Trade can be really loud, especially with the after work crowd. Other options near South Station include Radius, O-Ya, Les Zygomates, Sorriso and Slate.

MA
Destination Expert
for New England
Level Contributor
6,195 posts
192 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurants near the Seaport Hotel and South Station areas

If spectacular food is one priority, I would go without hesitation to Radius or O Ya (which is expensive) over Legal Seafood or any of the other Liberty Wharf options.

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
56 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurants near the Seaport Hotel and South Station areas

Thanks everyone. I think we will try Strega, which no one mentioned. We really wanted Radius, but couldn't get in. Strega was recommended by a few friends and the menu seemed extensive enough to please our out-of-town business associates whose culinary tastes we are unsure of. All the suggestions probably would have worked, but Strega seemed to work best, Thanks again. You guys are the best!

Boston...
Level Contributor
1,586 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Restaurants near the Seaport Hotel and South Station areas

Only been to Strega waterfront for drinks but dinner looks fine. Good choice

Boston...
Destination Expert
for Killington
Level Contributor
2,061 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Restaurants near the Seaport Hotel and South Station areas

Yikes, I'll be interested to hear how Strega works out. I would not put it in the "spectacular" category. But, there is certainly no place like it in Canada!

boston, ma
Level Contributor
242 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Restaurants near the Seaport Hotel and South Station areas

Rantipole: Strega is a great place, but there certainly are places like it in Canada. It's a big country covering lots of ethnic and geographic diversity and cosmopolitan cities with world-class dining.

You didn't say where in Canada they're coming from. If they're coming from Toronto or Montreal, they may get lots of fish, but seafood like lobster is not as fresh, even when it's flown in. If they're coming from the coast, of course that's another story.

9. Re: Restaurants near the Seaport Hotel and South Station areas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 November 2013, 10:15