We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Boston view

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
306 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Boston view

How do we get a nice view of boston? i have seen beautiful photograph/postcard of boston.. I was wondering is it the view from prudential tower ?

Hollis, New...
Level Contributor
4,670 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Boston view

It's impossible to answer that question without seeing the postcard you're referring to, but if it's an aerial view, it could very well be the view from the Pru. In any event, you can certainly go to the observation deck there and get a great overlook of the city.

I happen to prefer looking at the city from ground level. Some of the best wide-angle views can be had from the bridges over the Charles River, and from the embankment on the Cambridge side. Everyone enjoys the view from the Red Line train as it crosses the river. There's also a beautiful view from the Museum of Science.

MA
Destination Expert
for New England
Level Contributor
6,500 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Boston view

I love the view of Boston from the Mass Ave bridge over the Charles.

Boston
Level Contributor
6,733 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Boston view

Yes, you can probably get the best view of Boston from the river bank in Cambridge or the Mass. Ave. Bridge crossing into Cambridge. You can also get excellent views from the harbor, but i think the harbor cruises probably have stopped running by now.

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for North Conway
Level Contributor
12,184 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Boston view

Take a harbor cruise for a great view. Also some great views from east Boston, Charlestown, Cambridge. Also if you are in the right side of your plane may get some great shots. Need to have at least couple of mile distance to have a good perspective.

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
16,928 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Boston view

If you want a great Harbor view, you don't need a cruise. You can walk to the Moakley Courthouse in the South Boston Seaport Area and get spectacular photos.

Boston...
Level Contributor
1,586 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Boston view

I'm a fan of the views of Boston from memorial drive from the mass ave bridge down to the sonesta hotel.

Before you leave terminal e, the view from the departure level is nice.

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
685 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Boston view

If you take a duck tour, you get great views when the duck boat goes into the Charles River.

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
306 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Boston view

great! thanks for all the info..will want to get nice photos of boston harbor view.

also some did suggest bridges. for eg Mass. Ave. Bridge can we walk and cross the bridge? thanks.

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
6,405 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Boston view

Yes, you can walk across the bridge.

Boston...
Level Contributor
1,684 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Boston view

If your trip isn't in the season for regular Harbor Cruises you can take the ferry to Charlestown or a water taxi to get out on the harbor.

Here are a couple of recent harbor photos from one of the sunset cruises.

bostonzest.com/2012/09/sunset-cruise-harbor-…

Here's a cover shot I did from the Mass Ave Bridge in winter

backbaysun.com/2011/…

Penny

http://www.bostonzest.com/