We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Laundry Facilities

Which Boston hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
england
Level Contributor
16 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Laundry Facilities

Are there any Launderettes or Laundermattes where we can go to do our washing whilst in Boston next year. We are staying in the Back Bay area I know the hotels have laundry services but they are quite expensive as you pay per item or so I have been told.

boston, ma
Level Contributor
989 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Laundry Facilities

There is a launderette in Back Bay (they're called laundromats here) but it seems to get uniformly bad reviews. The closest other ones are probably on Charles St. in the Beacon Hill area, not that far and a great neighborhood to walk around while your clothes are washing and drying.

Depending on where you are in Back Bay, there is also one on Appleton St. near Berkeley St. that could be closer. This is the South End neighborhood.

Edited: 14 November 2012, 21:58
Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
22,760 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Laundry Facilities

YOu might want to consider a wash-dry-fold service. It will be cheaper than the hotel. I found this place via a search, but I have no experience with them: dependablecleaners.com/services/wash-dry-fold

england
Level Contributor
16 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Laundry Facilities

Thanks very much for your replies we are staying at the Sheraton Hotel on Dalton Street near :Prudential centre. We,re coming for 1 month next June visiting New York, Boston San Francisco and Las Vegas and this is our trip of a lifetime we normally stay in a villa in Spain which has its own laundry facilities and we haven,t stayed in a hotel for about 10 years for our main holiday so need to gen up on quite a few things over the next few months. Have bought A A City guides for all 4 cities and although I think they are very good for advice on Restaurants and sight seeing, shows etc none of them has any advice about laundry facilities apart from the hotels service. Thanks once again for your help. we have a street map for all of the cities too as we intend doing a lot of walking which I understand is a good way to get around Boston as it is very compact.

Boston...
Level Contributor
1,664 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Laundry Facilities

There is a dry cleaner on West Newton street very close to the hotel that has a drop off and fold laundry service.

https:/…

Penny

http://www.bostonzest.com/

Boston...
Destination Expert
for Killington
Level Contributor
2,061 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Laundry Facilities

I'm surprised that the city guides don't mention laudromats!

I know you're comfortable doing your own laundry, but the drop off services are MUCH cheaper than the hotel. Still a little more expensive than doing your own, but then you get to do what you want and let the service do your laundry. I'm sure the one BostonZest mentions is fine.

Finally, I'm a big fan of using guidebooks IN CONJUNCTION WITH sites like TripAdvisor. For restaurants, after you've seen a few in the book that look interesting, maybe come back here for confirmation on your picks, or suggestions for alternatives.

Plainville...
Level Contributor
158 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Laundry Facilities

Regarding the recommendation for Dependable Cleaners, I've never used them for wash/dry/fold service, but I use them (in Quincy) for my dry cleaning and I would strongly recommend them.

7. Re: Laundry Facilities

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 December 2013, 08:18