We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How busy is terminal E at Logan on a wednesday morning, 6am?

Truckee...
1 post
Save Topic
How busy is terminal E at Logan on a wednesday morning, 6am?

I fly out on southwest at 6 am wednesday. If i take the bus from portland, arriving at 5am, is that cutting it too close? I do have to check bags. My other option is hanging out at the airport from 930pm until my flight... yuck. Help me out!

Winchester...
Level Contributor
6,162 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How busy is terminal E at Logan on a wednesday morning, 6am?

I personally would worry about missing the flight because of delays on the road from Portland, but chances are you won't have any problem. (the Terminal will not be busy). what happens if you miss the 6 am flight? when is the next one? what is your destination?

Hollis, New...
Level Contributor
4,669 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How busy is terminal E at Logan on a wednesday morning, 6am?

Assuming the bus is taking you to Logan and is scheduled to arrive there at 5:00, you should be fine. It would be nice to have a bit more wiggle room, but I would play those odds.

Of course, there is another option besides sleeping in the airport. You could get a hotel room nearby and use their shuttle.

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
16,599 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: How busy is terminal E at Logan on a wednesday morning, 6am?

Personally, I don't think you have much of a chance at all. First, the bus will be stopping at all the other terminals before it ever gets to "E", all of which will be after your "official" arrival time of 5. Then you need to stand in line to check your luggage and get your boarding pass. Then you have to go to Security, wait in line there and then actually go through the security process. After that, it's get to your gate. I would listen to Wpsaukee and get a hotel room at the Airport the night before.

Boston...
Level Contributor
7,242 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: How busy is terminal E at Logan on a wednesday morning, 6am?

In Boston, Southwest recommends you arrive 2 hrs. ahead of time. I think with possibly less than an hour, you may be cutting it close. Will you already have your boarding pass in hand so you only have to check luggage? That might speed things up.

southwest.com/html/…airport-information.html

MA
Destination Expert
for New England
Level Contributor
6,293 posts
198 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How busy is terminal E at Logan on a wednesday morning, 6am?

I think this is cutting it too close. Will the airline rebook you on a later flight if you miss yours? Does your ticket fare allow for that?

Dallas, Texas...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
21,900 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: How busy is terminal E at Logan on a wednesday morning, 6am?

I agree that it's too risky with bags to check.

I agree that overnighting in the airport sounds miserable. You may have to spend more $ and overnight at a nearby hotel and take a taxi to the airport. Or look into changing your flight to a later time.

Boston...
Level Contributor
1,586 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: How busy is terminal E at Logan on a wednesday morning, 6am?

Print out your boarding pass the night before and check your bags at the curb. Do this and you'll be fine.

Boston...
Level Contributor
7,242 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: How busy is terminal E at Logan on a wednesday morning, 6am?

Would you consider a one-way rental car and drive down from Portland? Not a great alternative but it avoids an overnight hotel and can get you there on time.

Boston...
Level Contributor
5,374 posts
232 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: How busy is terminal E at Logan on a wednesday morning, 6am?

If you're flying internationally you should get to the airport 2 hours before your flight.

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
16,599 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: How busy is terminal E at Logan on a wednesday morning, 6am?

They're flying Southwest, so not International.