We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

IHG Hotel Property?

League City, TX
Level Contributor
116 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
IHG Hotel Property?

I will be coming up next weekend with a couple of buddies to head to the Texans/Pats game, arriving Saturday, departing Monday. Need some help with the hotel selection. We are flying into Logan, and would prefer not to get a car. We would like to be near the station that comes from the airport, and the one that heads to Gillette (Patriots train, I think?).

Would like it to be in a good area, with some good bars/restaurants available within walking distance.

Since I have a boatload of Priority Club points, would prefer an IHG (Holiday Inn and the like) property. But not the Intercontinental, they want 50K pts/night!

Any other thoughts on what to do on a short trip would be very appreciated.

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
16,886 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: IHG Hotel Property?

Too bad. the Intercontinental is exactly where you want to be - near South Station. That's handles the Silver line to the Airport, the train to Gillette Stadium and the Red Line Subway as well. The Holiday Inn Beacon Hill I guess will work, although not as convenient as the Intercontinental. You'll need to make an additional subway ride for each destination.

Boston...
Destination Expert
for Killington
Level Contributor
2,086 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: IHG Hotel Property?

Yeah, Intercontinental would be best. If you have boatloads of points, why not use them?

But the Holiday Inn Beacon Hill is not that far out of the way. The Holiday Inn Beacon Hill is near the "Charles St" station on the Red Line of the subway. The Red Line goes right to South Station, where you catch the Patriots train. Same goes for taking the Silver Line from the airport to South Station (if you don't take a cab, which won't be too much for either hotel)--just switch to the Red Line and you're there.

League City, TX
Level Contributor
116 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: IHG Hotel Property?

Thanks to you both. Appreciate your responses!

This whole mass transit thing is new for us, should be quite the adventure......

Quincy...
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
6,081 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: IHG Hotel Property?

One other possible option, depending on how you feel and whether the Holiday Inn Beacon Hill is full or not...the Holiday Inn-Dedham, on Route 1 and 128 in Dedham is a nice hotel, and it's very close by the Dedham Corporate Center stop of the Patriots train to Gillette. It's right across the street from Legacy Place, which has lots of bars/restaurants to choose from.

Of course, if you stayed there, you could also rent a car and park it for free and drive to Gillette, which is sounds like you'd probably want to do anyway. I know it's in the suburbs and all, but just thought I'd mention the option.

5. Re: IHG Hotel Property?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 January 2014, 07:17