We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotels Near Copley Place

eho
Twin Cities...
Level Contributor
39 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
Hotels Near Copley Place

My family is visiting Boston in July and it sounds like Copley Place is a convenient location to stay to see Fenway Park, Harvard Square, the Freedom Trail and the Tea Party Museum. However, we're not sure what hotel to stay at. We are going to use either SPG, Hilton Honors or Marriott Rewards points.

There are 5 of us (2 adults and 3 kids (9, 8 and 2)). Any feedback on how the room sizes are at the following?

- Westin Copley Place

- Sheraton

- Hilton Back Bay

- Marriott Copley Place

- Courtyard by Marriott Copley Place

Thank you.

Central Maine
Destination Expert
for Maine
Level Contributor
6,817 posts
152 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotels Near Copley Place

Have stayed at the Sheraton-Prudential Center on numerous occasions.... Room sizes have varied considerably..... everything to "tiny" to "spacious" with no apparent rhyme nor reason... Not sure how to ensure you get one of the larger rooms... We booked the same bedding arrangement each time..... Great location, but if "in room space" is an issue, I'd proceed with caution.

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
16,761 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotels Near Copley Place

First, there are actually two hotels IN Copley Place - the Westin and Marriott. Secondly, of all the places you noted, the only one convenient to the Copley Area is Fenway Park. The Freedom Trail is in the Downtown and Waterfront Areas and the Tea Party Museum is further along the Waterfront in what's called the Seaport District. Harvard Square is in Cambridge, a separate city. So staying along the Waterfront will put you closer to two of the places and also walkable to the Red Line Subway to Harvard.

Edited: 15 January 2013, 05:14
Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
6,390 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotels Near Copley Place

One hurdle may be having a group of 5 if you want to just get one room. That may play into the decision.

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
16,761 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotels Near Copley Place

Mahj,

I missed that. That IS the overriding criteria. There are very few hotels that will take you 5 in a room. How about the Marriott Custom house, which is Downtown and has all suites?

eho
Twin Cities...
Level Contributor
39 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotels Near Copley Place

Thanks for the responses. I'll check the Marriott Custom House.

To clarify, what I meant by convienient is that the T stops are within a short walk fo the hotels so we could use the T to get to the Harvard Square, Freedom Trail and the Tea Party Museum.

Plus, we plan on heading to NYC and may take the train so having the Back Bay Station close by is also a plus for the Copley Place area.

Quincy...
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
6,039 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotels Near Copley Place

If in fact you just want to be convenient to the T, you certainly do not have to limit yourself to Copley Place. What about the Marriott Long Wharf, or the Marriott Cambridge? Boston is small and you aren't making your life more difficult if you stay by the Waterfront, or in Cambridge. It will give you more options for room choices and prices if you open up your search a bit.

philadelphia
Level Contributor
380 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotels Near Copley Place

Marriott Copley Place will allow a family of 5 in one room.

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
16,761 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotels Near Copley Place

First I heard of that.

philadelphia
Level Contributor
380 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hotels Near Copley Place

I recently booked for 5. The room has 2 doubles and you need to request a rollaway bed.

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
16,761 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Hotels Near Copley Place

Good to know. That actually comes up quite often.