We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nightlife for 30yr olds?

London, United...
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Topic
Nightlife for 30yr olds?

Coming to Boston in a few weeks and wondering where's good to go out for some cool bars etc?

Maybe table bottle service if it's worth it somewhere nice or is that just a waste of time in Boston. I have no idea.

Staying at W Hotel and have heard they have a good bar as well as Liberty Hotel with their Alibi/Clink bars. I've seen that around the corner from W is a bar called Venu. Any good

Winchester...
Level Contributor
6,210 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nightlife for 30yr olds?

I'm not sure we speak a common language (what is table bottle service) but you may find this online list useful:

complex.com/city-guide/…

Somerville...
Level Contributor
1,572 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nightlife for 30yr olds?

Bottle service is technically illegal here, though at some of the clubs here you can order a bottle, and the waitress will just have to pour it for you.

That said, if you like the dressy stuff, the W hotel bar is a good place to be, you might also enjoy some of the clubs around Downtown Crossing such as Schollars, Stoddards, etc. I would also check the list that Thomas posted.

I'm in my early 30's now and go out at lot but I prefer some of the more craft-beer oriented places such as Lord Hobo and Meadhall in Kendall Square. Harvard Square is also a good place to be attractive and well dressed.

MA
Destination Expert
for New England
Level Contributor
6,409 posts
201 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Nightlife for 30yr olds?

You are good to go with the bars at the W and the Liberty Hotel. In that same vein, I would add Sorellina, which is a restaurant (with a small bar) but very cool decor inside and great food. Also cool, but in a more hipster way, is Toro in the South End. It is a restaurant with a bar that serves delicious tapas and is always crowded. Boston is not a bottle service city; for that, you would need to go to NYC.

Quincy...
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
6,039 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Nightlife for 30yr olds?

JW Curley's in the Downtown Crossing area is a very hip and trendy bar right now.

http://jmcurleyboston.com/

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
349 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Nightlife for 30yr olds?

RumBa bar at the InterContinental on the waterfront has a private Champagne Lounge.

intercontinentalboston.com/dining/rumba.aspx

United States
Level Contributor
102 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Nightlife for 30yr olds?

Definitely would not go to Venu for bottle service as the first option; their crowd isn't that nice... . Since you will be staying around the W area, I would grab dinner at Abby Lane on a Saturday night (literally next to the W) then get a table at Guilt. They have great music and great bottle service. The prices are pretty all the same at most of the clubs in the area but Guilt would definitely be my first choice since it has a nice crowd. Also, if you end up not liking Guilt it is close enough to everything that you can hop to a different spot. Whereas if you go to Liberty Hotel area you are pretty much stuck.

If you are into just bars, then the area near newbury and hynes convention is good.

Edited: 05 February 2013, 19:28
Boston...
Level Contributor
1,586 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Nightlife for 30yr olds?

Send an email to Guilt and let them know where you're coming from. Most likely they'll put you on the guest list and arrange a table.

8. Re: Nightlife for 30yr olds?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 February 2014, 07:17