We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting to Logan Airport on Patriots Day.

Ireland
Level Contributor
2 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Getting to Logan Airport on Patriots Day.

My husband and I will be returning to Logan airport from Portsmouth NH on April 15th. Is traffic likely to be a problem? We need to be at the airport about 3pm for our flight, do we need to allow extra time for our journey to the airport and if so about how much time should we allow. What is the best route to take ? I would appreciate any advice.

Winchester...
Level Contributor
6,163 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Getting to Logan Airport on Patriots Day.

I wouldn't expect the traffic to be especially bad - if anything probably lighter than normal.

I tend to worry and stress about being late so I might leave as early as 11 AM from Portsmouth, but that's probably crazy. It shouldn't take you much more than an hour and 15 minutes.

I would take interstate 95 to interstate 93 into the city. that's the way I usually go (but there are other ways that others will surely describe). consult google maps.

Quincy...
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
5,995 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Getting to Logan Airport on Patriots Day.

Traffic from NH to Boston should be slightly lighter on that day, due to the holiday in MA. You are also heading against traffic, coming into Boston in the late afternoon, instead of leaving.

It's normally an hour to Portsmouth from Boston without any traffic. I'm a bit nervous about missing my flights, so I usually get to the airport extra early. I'd leave at least 90 minutes, preferrably 2 hours, and if you arrive way early, go have a drink at the airport bar. You never know with traffic around here and you wouldn't want to be late.

Since you need to get to the airport, I'd take Route 95 to Route 1, cut across on Route 60 to Route 1A to the Airport.

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
23,265 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Getting to Logan Airport on Patriots Day.

The Patriots day traffic slowdowns are around the marathon route and Fenway Park/Kenmore Square. The Rte 95/93 route or, alternatively, Rte 95/1/60/1A will not bring you near those places

Ireland
Level Contributor
2 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Getting to Logan Airport on Patriots Day.

Thank you so much everybody for the advice. Good to know that the marathon will not affect our route to the airport. We will allow ourselves two hours to get to Logan , either of the above suggested routes sound like a good option.

5. Re: Getting to Logan Airport on Patriots Day.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 January 2014, 06:19