We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

July 4th

Which Boston hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Texas
Level Contributor
5,941 posts
173 reviews
Save Topic
July 4th

Hello Boston!

I'm still working on my itinerary for our week in Boston <happy dance!> I am 'up to' July 4th. Will there be a schedule of events for the day?? I know the USS Constitution will do it's turn-around that day and we definitely want to be there for that. We also plan to attend the dress rehearsal for the Boston Pops on the 3rd.

Anything else that are a 'not to be missed' experience?

Boston...
Level Contributor
7,113 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: July 4th

This site doesn't have the events posted yet, but you can check back later. http://www.bostonharborfest.com/

I recommend you see the short parade of the Ancient and Honorable Artillery which ends with the reading of the Declaration of Independence from the balcony at the Old State House. The reading is usually at about 10 or 10:30 in the morning. It's fun and I've never found it very crowded.

MA
Destination Expert
for New England
Level Contributor
6,192 posts
192 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: July 4th

Weren't the Tall Ships here for July 4th last year?

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
6,309 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: July 4th

Tall ships were in town as part of opsail celebrating the war of 1812

Edited: 01 February 2013, 16:14
Texas
Level Contributor
5,941 posts
173 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: July 4th

Thanks for the link Ting. I've bookmarked it for future use! :) If I remember correctly, the Mr. & I visited the Ancient & Honorable Military Museum in 08 or at least I think we did. Is it located in Faneuil Hall? We definitely will want to hear the Declaration of Independence read and watch the parade. Hopefully all the activities are spaced with enough time in between for us to move from one place to another. :D

I've been to the www.july4th.org site and it has a 'fly-over' in it's program. Who does the flyover and where would we see it? That would so make the Mr.'s day! :D

Tall Ships would be cool too....

Thanks Y'all!

Bummer about the Patriots. The Mr. & I were hoping they'd be in the Superbowl!

Boston...
Level Contributor
7,113 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: July 4th

The flyover will be over the concert but will be visible from most places in downtown, I would think.

Last year was the big Tall Ships celebration with an hour of flyovers and parachuters etc. over the harbor. It was something to see. Not an annual event. But keep checking the schedule because events are announced as the date is closer.

What Super Bowl? :)

6. Re: July 4th

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 February 2014, 06:16