We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shaker homewares

Which Boston hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
NSW
Level Contributor
712 posts
129 reviews
Save Topic
Shaker homewares

Hello,

I am wondering if anyone can suggest the best place to buy Shaker homewares in Boston? I am particularly interested in the oval Shaker boxes.

I wanted to visit the Canterbury Shaker Village, but this is not going to be possible this trip. I have also read about a shop in Ashburnham, but was hoping someone could suggest somewhere suitable in Boston?

Thans kindly for your help.

Boston...
Level Contributor
30 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Shaker homewares

shakerworkshops.com/catalog/shaker-workshops…

Shaker Workshops is about 20 minutes outside of the city in Arlington.

MA
Destination Expert
for New England
Level Contributor
6,239 posts
192 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Shaker homewares

I have seen them for sale in the gift shop of the Museum of Fine Arts, but the last time I was there was a couple years ago. You could call and see if they currently have them.

North Shore, MA
Destination Expert
for Salem
Level Contributor
5,541 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Shaker homewares

I've ordered from the Shaker Workshops catalog (mentioned in post #1), but have never been to their Arlington shop even though it's nearby. Arlington would/could be on your way back from Concord, but I know that's already a busy day.

I wonder if the shop at Fruitlands Museum in Harvard carries them. Maybe someone here knows or you could contact them to ask.

NSW
Level Contributor
712 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Shaker homewares

Thanks everyone. Sorry, I found the Shaker Workshops site and it must be their actual workshop in Ashburnham and the retail shop in Arlington! My apologies. I love their website, and rte, I had thought about it on the way back from Concord - but it may be an issue of timing. Too many things to see, not enough time! :)

I will also investigate the Museum of Fine Arts shop - it looks like a wonderful shop to visit too.

Thanks kindly for your help.

NSW
Level Contributor
712 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Shaker homewares

For anyone interested, they do have Shaker boxes at the Museum of Fine Arts Gift Shop:

http://www.mfashop.com/52940.html

Thanks BooKat!

MA
Destination Expert
for New England
Level Contributor
6,239 posts
192 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Shaker homewares

You are welcome, the gift shop there is lovely.

7. Re: Shaker homewares

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 February 2014, 06:18