We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wolf Hollow

Which Boston hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Herminie, PA
Level Contributor
10 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
Wolf Hollow

Hello,

I am making this post in both the Boston and Ipswich forums. My wife and I will be traveling to Boston for July 4 week (Monday-Friday currently). We would like to visit Wolf Hollow in Ipswich, but during the week they are only open for groups of at least 20. If they get a group my wife and I can throw in with it but I was wondering if anyone else might be in the area that week and wish to visit. Please note I'm not looking for any money or anything like that, and unless it is necessary to make contact outside the forum I won't ask for any contact information. I figure if we get 20 we'll just pick a day that week to go and a time to meet there. Please note that July 4 is NOT an option as we will be finding the best vantage point possible to view USS Constitution's Annual Turnaround Cruise. Incidentally, if anyone has any tips on where that is, I'm grateful for the input. Thanks and take care.

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
16,311 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Wolf Hollow

You'll have great viewings of the Constitution turn-around anywhere on the Harbor. The best Downtown viewing of Old Ironsides as it passes by is at the end of Long Wharf, but if you want to see more of the actual turn-around itself then plan on going to Castle Island in South Boston (it's not actually an island, so you can drive there easily ).

Edited: 05 February 2013, 13:32
Herminie, PA
Level Contributor
10 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Wolf Hollow

Thanks for the update. I'm not as much concerned with the turnaround as I am with the GUNS. :) It's all about the sails and guns. :) Do you know anything about the cruise Boston Harbor Cruises says they offer during the turnaround?

Herminie, PA
Level Contributor
10 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Wolf Hollow

For easy reference for anyone seeking more information, here is the the TripAdvisor link to Wolf Hollow:

tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g41626-d21…

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
22,391 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Wolf Hollow

At exactly 8am every morning the USS C fires a cannon and again at sunset. You could be around for that any day.

This year I saw people lined up on the bridge that connects the North End to Charlestown. But it was a special bday for the ship and the Blue Angels attracted lots if attention

North Shore, MA
Destination Expert
for Salem
Level Contributor
5,491 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Wolf Hollow

Nature-seer, I assume you will have a car for your travel to Wolf Hollow, correct? One challenge you may have in gathering a group is transportation. Those relying on public transit can get from Boston to Ipswich via the Newburyport branch of the Newburyport/Rockport commuter rail, but Wolf Hollow is several miles from the station. You may want to keep the train schedule in mind when setting up a time for the visit (service is infrequent outside of rush hour) and also consider some ride-sharing scheme from the station. Good luck!

Note that for the past few years, Cape Ann Transit has offered the Ipswich Essex Explorer shuttle on weekends from the rail station with a stop near Wolf Hollow.

Herminie, PA
Level Contributor
10 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Wolf Hollow

Thank you for that info R128N! I personally will have my own vehicle but for those that do not they will be very appreciative.

Herminie, PA
Level Contributor
10 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Wolf Hollow

The Boston trip has been cancelled.

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
6,299 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Wolf Hollow

Bummer. Hope you visit us another time.

North Shore, MA
Destination Expert
for Salem
Level Contributor
5,491 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Wolf Hollow

Yes, sorry to hear that. Hope you can reschedule.

For anyone following this thread with an interest in the Ipswich Essex Explorer, there's been no announcement yet about the service for the coming summer.

10. Re: Wolf Hollow

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 April 2014, 05:15