We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dress code for Abe and Louie's

birmingham uk
Level Contributor
632 posts
49 reviews
Save Topic
Dress code for Abe and Louie's

We are not going for a while, but the excitement of being back in Boston is starting to kick in....

Anyhow, we will be going on a Saturday night. What is the dress code ( official or otherwise)

Thanks once again

L

Boston...
Level Contributor
1,586 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dress code for Abe and Louie's

Smart casual is always a good way to go.

Boston...
Destination Expert
for Killington
Level Contributor
2,072 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dress code for Abe and Louie's

It's a Saturday night and you're spending big bucks: dress smart.

birmingham uk
Level Contributor
632 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dress code for Abe and Louie's

What is smart casual for Boston?

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
16,681 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Dress code for Abe and Louie's

From Wikipedia: Smart casual for men includes dress trousers—this includes chinos—a long-sleeve dress shirt, crewneck tees or collared tees, (tie optional), leather loafers or dressy slip-ons, dress socks, a belt, and, if appropriate, a sport coat or blazer. Some interpretations allow for sweaters and knit pullovers paired with button-down shirts; especially v-neck sweaters. Increasingly, dark-coloured jeans are acceptable.

For women, it consists of trousers or a skirt (long or short), a blouse or turtleneck, a fashionable belt, a jacket, a vest, or a sweater coordinated to the outfit, hosiery or socks with boots, flats (leather, suede, or fabric), high-heel or mid-heel shoes. Women may also wear jewelry, such as earrings, that complement their overall outfit.

Boston...
Level Contributor
1,586 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dress code for Abe and Louie's

I like to keep a sport coat in the car. That way, if I'm out in jeans, I can dress them up.

I try to wear Khaki's, dress shirt and sport coat to abe's. Haven't worn a tie in years.

Plymouth...
Level Contributor
574 posts
163 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Dress code for Abe and Louie's

Non-jean pants and a collared shirt would put you well in the mainstream. A sport coat bumps you into the upper quartile. Add a tie and you'll be in the top decile at A&L.

birmingham uk
Level Contributor
632 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Dress code for Abe and Louie's

Thank you everyone. Just a quick question, I know my user name would suggest otherwise, but I am actually a 30 something woman!

Would a super smart tunic, slim smart jeans and my new splendid heels do the job?

Woburn...
Level Contributor
232 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Dress code for Abe and Louie's

I wouldn't wear jeans to Abe & Louie..no matter how dressy ( and I prefer jeans every chance I get!)

Boston...
Level Contributor
5,509 posts
236 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Dress code for Abe and Louie's

Agree with Silver, no jeans. Go with dress pants or a skirt.

Boston...
Level Contributor
7,333 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Dress code for Abe and Louie's

I find that I'm often the only woman in the room not wearing jeans, but I'm older than you are! I think you'll be fine in dark wash jeans, heels, and a nice tunic. As long as you look nice, no one will give you a second thought. Don't overthink what you wear--Boston is a fairly casual town, with a few exceptions.