We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New Zealander arriving March 28th

Which Boston hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New Zealand
Level Contributor
49 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
New Zealander arriving March 28th

Hi All,

I'm flying into boston for 10 days at the end of March and as I'm coming from summer here ( New Zealand) am wondering if I need to bring a warm coat/jacket and boots?, or will I still be able to buy winterish clothes over there?

I don't want to bring much over with me cause I plan to shop till I drop but don't want to arrive and be cold.

Thanks

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
16,510 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: New Zealander arriving March 28th

We can't give any idea what the wea ther will be like on that day. It could be cold and snowing or wsrm and sunny. You will be able to buy whatever you need, but you'll have to decide how much clothing you bring.

New Zealand
Level Contributor
49 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: New Zealander arriving March 28th

thanks,so there will still be coats and boots in stores?

because over here we already have fall/winter clothes in stores and it's still

the end of summer!

Winchester...
Level Contributor
6,133 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: New Zealander arriving March 28th

Broadly speaking, yes, there will be boots and coats for sale in stores. Most people buy this stuff at Marshall's anyway, at a discount, so it's hard to predict what will be on sale.

MA
Destination Expert
for New England
Level Contributor
6,237 posts
192 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: New Zealander arriving March 28th

Spring clothes are now in the stores and fall/winter items are on clearance. So, you would be able to find some, but they probably will no longer have a wide variety of sizes, just what is left over.

Edited: 05 March 2013, 12:24
Boston
Level Contributor
6,421 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: New Zealander arriving March 28th

March is very unpredictable weather-wise, but by the end of March we are usuallly out of the woods for big snowstorms that accumulate and stay on the ground. So, I would take a chance and not bring boots. Temperatures can fluctuate quite a bit then. I would bring warm sweaters and a jacket so you layer/unlayer.

6. Re: New Zealander arriving March 28th

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 March 2014, 07:17