We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Group price on subway

Which Boston hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Miami
Level Contributor
39 posts
Save Topic
Group price on subway

Is there a group price for the 3 day subway pass for 4 people traveling together? We'll be staying by the airport and traveling in to town for a three day period.

Boston...
Level Contributor
7,054 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Group price on subway

There are no group rates on the T. Your best bet is probably buying the weekly pass for $18. for each person. That will give you unlimited rides on the subway and buses. If you each got a Charlie card, your fare would be $2 per trip. If you pay as you go, it will be $2.50.

If you make only one round trip per day that would be cheaper but you'll probably use the T to get around Boston during the day. There is no 3-day pass.

You can check your routes and fares at www.mbta.com.

england
Level Contributor
138 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Group price on subway

We arrive and are staying at the Hilton Logan airport in April - were planning on using the t to get around. How much is it and does it cover you for buses and any boats or ferries. we know you can get a boat across the water near to the airport what other options are there. 1 st timers...were hoping to go to Salem. Harvard uni and anywhere else you could recommend. we like eating out and bars entertainment ie music in pubs too. any suggestions will be gratefully received. thx

MA
Destination Expert
for New England
Level Contributor
6,170 posts
189 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Group price on subway

Hi the info above is still correct. The weekly T pass is $18 and includes unlimited travel on the T (not the commuter rail), buses and the Inner Harbor Ferry (which goes from Charlestown to Boston). It does not include the ferry to Logan Airport. To get from Logan to downtown Boston by boat, you can take the water taxi from Logan to Rowes Wharf in Boston for $10 pp one way, $17 pp round trip or an unlimited weekly pass for $50 pp. You have to call in advance to schedule your pick ups or call from the phone at the dock. I'm not sure how late at night the water taxi runs. To take the T from Logan, you take a shuttle bus from the terminal to the Airport stop on the blue line. Your hotel may have its own shuttle to the Airport T stop. The T will take you to Cambridge and Harvard Square.

england
Level Contributor
138 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Group price on subway

Thx so much the hotel does have a shuttle bus I've read that - I like the sound of the weekly boat tct- how much is the train from airport to jamaica ? Thx so much

MA
Destination Expert
for New England
Level Contributor
6,170 posts
189 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Group price on subway

Do you mean Jamaica Plain? You would take the T (Blue Line) from the Airport to the State St. station, then switch to the Orange line to one of the stops in Jamaica Plain. The cost of the T rides would be covered by the weekly T pass.

So, you would be buying 2 weekly transport passes, one for the water taxi and one for the T.

Cheers!

North Shore, MA
Destination Expert
for Salem
Level Contributor
5,497 posts
168 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Group price on subway

Lgateshead, just want to add that to visit Salem, you can take the Newburyport/Rockport line of the commuter rail from North Station in Boston to Salem. The trip takes about a half hour and is NOT covered by the weekly T pass. You can also take Bus #459 from the airport or #455 from Wonderland Station (connected to the airport via the Blue Line) to Salem. These are very slow rides of over an hour, however. I believe both routes are considered local bus trips, and if so, would be covered by the weekly link pass, but I am not certain. I recommend using the commuter rail. Once in Salem the attractions are walking distance from the train station.

Edited: 10 February 2014, 18:52
england
Level Contributor
138 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Group price on subway

presumably the t goes into boston main centre too?

Boston...
Level Contributor
5,148 posts
221 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Group price on subway

Yes, the T goes downtown as well. Boston is a very compact city and easily walkable.

Boston...
Level Contributor
7,054 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Group price on subway

Legateshead, you can plan your transport on the route planner at www.mbta.com.

england
Level Contributor
138 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Group price on subway

thx ive enquired about a weekly boat pass to o from airport to boston but apparently its just the$17day ticket i

unless its a different company....