We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus to nyc

Which Boston hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
MA
Level Contributor
162 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Bus to nyc

Live in Boston area but need info on taking bus to NYC. Does anyone know if I need to purchase a bus ticket in advance or can I purchase the day of travel? Will be getting the bus at the South Station . If there is any other pertinent info that I should know, feel free to share.

Thanks

Boston...
Level Contributor
5,052 posts
217 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bus to nyc

I think you can buy a ticket the day of, but you should check out the mega bus. You can buy a ticket online for super cheap.

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
22,159 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bus to nyc

I would buy ahead. Bolt and Megabus sell the cheapest seats first and the prices get higher as fewer seats remain.

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
16,232 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Bus to nyc

Plus you run the risk of not getting the time of your choice. Why wouldn't you make a reservation?

Boston...
Level Contributor
5,562 posts
198 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bus to nyc

There was a recent article in the paper about the impact the closure of Fung Wah has had on bus ticket availability.

Reserve ahead. .

MA
Level Contributor
162 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bus to nyc

Thank you for your replies. Actually, I have found very reasonable tickets with Peter Pan. Anyone know what terminal PP uses in NYC?

The only reason I was considering buying tickets on day of is because I was not sure of my transportation to South Station but that is now settled.

Caroline McMuffin .. I will purchase by tomorrow. Thank you for the heads up.

Edited: 10 March 2013, 03:20
Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
6,290 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bus to nyc

I am pretty sure PP goes to Port Authority.

Boston...
Level Contributor
5,562 posts
198 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bus to nyc

Good to hear. In the past, you could gamble on getting a ticket day-of for the desired time on PP, Greyhound or the Chinatown buses. Now, it's iffy. I'd book ahead.

For pickup/dropoff in NYC Bolt Megabus and Lucky Star are on street. Greyhound and PP are in the Port Authority.

Edited: 10 March 2013, 17:28
8. Re: Bus to nyc

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 March 2014, 04:17