We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurants and Bars

Which Boston hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Topic
Restaurants and Bars

Hi,

We're coming to Boston on Friday for the weekend and staying at the Intercontinental. We would really appreciate some recommendations of where to eat and drink, we're happy to travel to different areas of the city.

Thanks in advance

Boston...
Level Contributor
1,586 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurants and Bars

There are plenty of places in the area. Trade and Drink are good. Flour for lunch, the north end is an enjoyable 15 minute walk.

Boston
Level Contributor
6,434 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurants and Bars

What type of places are you looking for -- cuisine, ambiance, price? There are plenty of options.

London
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurants and Bars

We don't want anything too formal, somewhere relaxing and we will eat anything. If possible we would like around $15 for a main.

Boston
Level Contributor
6,434 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurants and Bars

$15 for a main course is going to be kind of tough. It kind of puts you in burgers and sandwich territory. That said, in the North End you can find plenty of decent places where you can get pasta dishes in the mid to high teens.

Quincy...
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
5,940 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurants and Bars

Considering your hotel's location, I'd suggest going to the North End. It's Boston's Italian area and very popular with locals and tourists as well. You can easily walk from your hotel.

Most of the food in the North End is Italian-American, not Authentic Italian (although there is more of that now). Just be prepared for that. If you like seafood, I'd suggest the Daily Catch on Hanover St. There can be a wait because it's a tiny place, so going earlier or later is best. If you don't want to wait, La Summa is a very nice restaurant that takes reservations. If you go to La Summa, try one of their dishes with their homemade pasta, like the Pappardelle with Eggplant. If you like big bowls of tasty pasta, Cantina Italiana is a fun place. It's an old-fashioned Italian-American place...the type of place with the red-checkered tablecloths and Sinatra songs on the muzak. You should be able to meet your price range at these suggestions. One of my other favorites in that area is the original Pizzeria Regina on Thatcher St. If you like pizza, it's the best in Boston (that location ONLY...don't assume their mall food court outlets are the same).

After your meal, go to one of the cafes and have an espresso and some Cannoli or Tiramisu. There's Mike's and Modern, or Caffe Vittoria is also good.

http://www.vittoriacaffe.com/

http://www.lasumma.com/

http://www.dailycatch.com/northend.html

http://www.cantinaitaliana.com/

www.reginapizzeria.com/location_detail.php…

Boston
Level Contributor
86 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Restaurants and Bars

There are two very new places in Fort Point that might be a good fit for you - Blue Dragon and Tavern Road.

London
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Restaurants and Bars

Thank you everyone for all your help. In my naivety i thought $15 would be plenty but we can increase it to early $20's if that increases the number of places we can go to.

London
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Restaurants and Bars

Thank you everyone for all your help. In my naivety i thought $15 would be plenty but we can increase it to early $20's if that increases the number of places we can go to.

Manhattan
Level Contributor
219 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Restaurants and Bars

Mettie,

You can eat very well for $15 in Chinatown, just a short walk away.

Steve

Boston...
Level Contributor
5,296 posts
223 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Restaurants and Bars

Restaurant week Boston has also just started and runs for two weeks (with the exception of Saturday night). There are a ton of places. It's $38.13/person for 3 courses, app, entree and dessert. If you go to really pricey places it's a great deal. Obviously this is not the price point you mentioned, but it's more than just the entree.