We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay in Boston (Mar 29-Apr 1)

Which Boston hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto
Level Contributor
39 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Where to stay in Boston (Mar 29-Apr 1)

I'm planning to visit Boston with my family during the Easter Long weekend. I'm having a dilemma on which hotel/area to stay in (i'm trying to avoid staying in downtown due to expensive hotel). so far I have 3 options:

1 - Stay in Waltham area (Best Western Tlc Hotel for $66 a night)

2 - Stay in Burlington Area (Hyatt House Boston/Burlington for $79 a night)

Drive and park in the city/downtown for these 2 options. How expensive is parking during the weekend in Boston? $15 a day?

3- Stay in South Boston (Courtyard Boston-South Boston for $99 a night)

Take subway for this option. Andrew Station is 6min walk from the hotel. How safe is this area? Will it be dangerous to walk in the neighborhood at night?

I'm leaning towards option 1/2. I feel like I can pay for the downtown parking by saving the $20 on hotel per night.

Any advice?

Teesside, England
Level Contributor
1,511 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay in Boston (Mar 29-Apr 1)

You could try the Winthrop Arms hotel, Winthrop. About a 15 minute drive from the airport. We stayed there in October and it was fine for us. We used the Winthrop ferry to get into downtown Boston but I'm not sure what month the starts service.

tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g41947-d27235…

Edited: 20 March 2013, 09:42
Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
6,335 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay in Boston (Mar 29-Apr 1)

Parking on weekends is more reasonable. On Sundays, if you are lucky, you can find a spot on the street for free. The Boston Common garage http://www.massconvention.com/bcg_rat.html, , Post Office Square garage http://www.posquare.com/, and Boston Central Parking garages …centralparking.com/Boston-Back-Bay-Parking.… are just a few options for you.

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
22,981 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to stay in Boston (Mar 29-Apr 1)

On Sunday you may find free parking. On Saturdays the meters are in effect and the two hour limits are enforced.

Toronto
Level Contributor
39 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to stay in Boston (Mar 29-Apr 1)

thanks all, seems like driving and parking downtown is the way to go!

Boston...
Level Contributor
5,280 posts
223 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to stay in Boston (Mar 29-Apr 1)

I'm of the opposite opinion and would tell you to pick the hotel in Southie.

Bristol, New...
Level Contributor
599 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where to stay in Boston (Mar 29-Apr 1)

Last trip to Boston we stayed in Boston and drove our car to the Wellington T Station- Parking was $6 (I think). It was better than driving into Boston and patying for parking in the city- You can also purchase a multi day T Pass)

Bristol, New...
Level Contributor
599 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Where to stay in Boston (Mar 29-Apr 1)

*** we stayed in Burlington (and drove to the Wellington T Station)

Arlington, Texas
2 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Where to stay in Boston (Mar 29-Apr 1)

Need hotel for 2-3 nites Oct 25-27 before cruise--we are srs but active and plan on some site seeing for a couple days--want to be easy access to cruise on Last day--How about the whale tour we are getting there early just for that? Also is the trolley tour a good bet? How far is Fenway from this area of hotels?

9. Re: Where to stay in Boston (Mar 29-Apr 1)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 March 2014, 04:15