We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Touring Fenway - advice needed

Which Boston hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
MA
Level Contributor
25 posts
59 reviews
Save Topic
Touring Fenway - advice needed

We would like to tour Fenway over April vacation - I have read dozens of reviews but am struggling to figure out some basics. We will be with two teen boys and a toddler, to give context. Their site says tours start at 9; is it best to plan to be there early? Also, what is a reasonable expectation for time allowance to put aside? One reviewer said three hours, another said 45 minutes..... Finally, does anyone know if I can bring in a stroller for my toddler, or is it expected that he will walk/be carried?

Many thanks!

Somerville...
Level Contributor
1,397 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Touring Fenway - advice needed

I wouldn't worry about getting there super early this year.

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
349 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Touring Fenway - advice needed

Have you tried contacting the tour operator to ask these questions?

Boston...
Level Contributor
7,020 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Touring Fenway - advice needed

According to the website, the tour is 60 minutes, not 3 hours. The website also tells you to arrive no less than 15 minutes before the time of the tour as all ticket sales end 15 minutes before each tour starts. Tours are handicap accessible, so I would assume that you'll be able to bring your stroller as well.

boston.redsox.mlb.com/bos/ballpark/tour.jsp

Groton, Connecticut
Level Contributor
1,971 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Touring Fenway - advice needed

Going early also guarantees tickets for that day. I would agree with this as you will here during April - busy time if near the Boston Marathon (April 15) Even last year, tour tickets were sold out by the end of the day (even when games weren't). Tours are definitely around an hour and are accessible.

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
6,287 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Touring Fenway - advice needed

We go every year with a school group. Tour is about one hour long. They wind you through the park. Not sure if the stroller will be more of a hindrance or a help as there are parts that involved stairs. Tour groups are large. My guess is April vacation will be busy but if you remain flexible (ie if the nine gets closed out buy tickets for ten a.m.) you'll do fine.

MA
Level Contributor
25 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Touring Fenway - advice needed

Thank you all! Very helpful and the boys are looking forward to it :)

7. Re: Touring Fenway - advice needed

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 March 2014, 04:15