We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

North end restaurant/ cake shop suggestions

birmingham uk
Level Contributor
633 posts
54 reviews
Save Topic
North end restaurant/ cake shop suggestions

Hello again. Where would you recommend for dinner and or cakes in the day in the North end. Price is not really an issue- expensive or dirt cheap so long as it is good. Thanks once again

L

Quincy...
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
6,085 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: North end restaurant/ cake shop suggestions

Restaurants:

Massiminos, Mamma Maria, LaSumma, Daily Catch, Giacomo's, Cantina Italiana

Bakeries: Maria's, Modern, Mikes (in that order).

You can search on the forum here or Google for information on all of these.

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
12 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: North end restaurant/ cake shop suggestions

Mamma Maria is the best place you will find for what you want. Everything there is spectacular. I really enjoy every time we go. The place and its location are the perfect combination for a lovely meal. It could be the place for some family lunch/diner or could be the place for some romantic soiree. But that is because it is my personal favorite and because I have great memories of this place. Desserts are the best here! For the best bakeries in town you should check out this site. It is called the bostonalist and the have updated suggestions of classic and new hot spots. boston.cityvoter.com/best/bakery/food/boston

Boston...
Level Contributor
5,705 posts
250 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: North end restaurant/ cake shop suggestions

I've never been to the Daily Catch and there was a groupon for it recently. I was going to buy it and then I came on here and read the reviews. They're pretty bad. I wouldn't send anyone there.

That being said, I personally like Antico Forno, Ricardos, and Lucca.

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
23,999 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: North end restaurant/ cake shop suggestions

Daily Catch on Notthern Ave has consistently good food but inconsistent service. I haven't been to the one on Hanover street in the North End for years. It is timy

Quincy...
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
6,085 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: North end restaurant/ cake shop suggestions

Be careful WHICH Daily Catch you are referring to. I haven't heard great things about the newer larger locations, but the original on Hanover St. is excellent and I've always enjoyed my meals there.

I think it's similar to the difference between the original Pizzeria Regina on Thatcher St. and all the mall food court locations. The original is great and the others? Meh...

Edited: 18 April 2013, 17:03
Northern Ireland
Level Contributor
1,636 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: North end restaurant/ cake shop suggestions

dinner at Antico Forno (wood fired pizza/pasta dishes) and a cannolli from Mike's pastry - simples!!!!!

United States
Level Contributor
1,046 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: North end restaurant/ cake shop suggestions

Modern bakery has a following among some cape codders! Yum!

8. Re: North end restaurant/ cake shop suggestions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 April 2014, 05:15