We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Three day Boston trip report: photos and captions

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
737 posts
46 reviews
Save Topic
Three day Boston trip report: photos and captions

Hello! ... My wife and I just returned from three days in Boston in early April. This trip report uses photos and captions to show what we did over several days of walking around the heart of Boston. We were there for a collegiate a cappella tournament, that our son participated in, but we still got a fair amount of sightseeing done, mostly done by walking and using the subway.

Click on each photo to make it larger; then you'll be able to read the caption in full underneath each photo. Please correct any errors I might have made in labeling things - I would be most appreciative. If you have any questions, please fire away ... and I will do my best answer you within a day or two. If you are interested in seeing my other travel web albums, click on "My Photos" in the upper left corner (highlighted in blue).

OK, here's the link ...

https:/…BostonForThreeDaysApril2013

Happy travels!

Mike

North Shore, MA
Destination Expert
for Salem
Level Contributor
5,705 posts
181 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Three day Boston trip report: photos and captions

That's quite a report built in to those captions! Very well done! Thank you for sharing. It was nice to hear that the Midtown Hotel worked well for you.

Fairhaven...
Destination Expert
for New Bedford
Level Contributor
1,792 posts
247 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Three day Boston trip report: photos and captions

You are a very talented photographer. Thanks for sharing such a wonderful, thought out trip report. Loved it!

Boston...
Level Contributor
5,701 posts
249 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Three day Boston trip report: photos and captions

Those photos are so beautiful! You really captured the city. Congrats to your son too. Un of Chicago is a great school.

Hollis, New...
Level Contributor
4,670 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Three day Boston trip report: photos and captions

Truly an outstanding job. Thank you.

Texas
Level Contributor
6,190 posts
193 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Three day Boston trip report: photos and captions

WoW! That was a great pictorial and a fun way to read a trip report!

Thanks for all your efforts. I enjoyed it!!

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
737 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Three day Boston trip report: photos and captions

Thank you for your warm comments. These trip reports are always fun for me to do and I have received so much from TA forums - especially DEs - that this is my small way of giving back.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
16,726 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Three day Boston trip report: photos and captions

Loved your photos! Especially the interior shots, it gave me an excellent idea of what is inside all those buildings and what I definitely want to visit now. And the captions were a brilliant idea. Thanks.

boston, ma
Level Contributor
1,011 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Three day Boston trip report: photos and captions

Wonderful photos and very informative captions. It's nice when visitors get things right. I notice only a couple of things that need correction (yes, I read all of the captions), so you really know Boston. For photo 2, the T stop mentioned is just Symphony, not Symphony Center, and photos 46 and 47 are taken in Back Bay, not Beacon Hill.

Boston
Level Contributor
6,712 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Three day Boston trip report: photos and captions

Nice pictures. Thanks!

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
737 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Three day Boston trip report: photos and captions

Wbp, Thanks for the corrections earlier this morning - I just made the adjustments in my captions, as suggested. ... Like so many in the world, I am just reeling today as we all get more details of the horrific bombings at the Boston marathon. Our hotel was just a few blocks where the bombings occurred and I walked down Boylston St. just a little over a week ago. I am trying to hang on in my mind to images of the emerging flowers taken in Back Bay (photos #46 and 47, the ones you noticed) as a personal symbol of Boston's great resilience and resolve. ... Boston is one tough, great city and certainly cannot be shaken.

Edited: 15 April 2013, 23:51