We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Accomodation at 'Best Western Plus Roundhouse Suites'

Australia
Level Contributor
23 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Accomodation at 'Best Western Plus Roundhouse Suites'

Hi,

We are visiting the USA in Sept and are looking forward to exploring the Historic areas of Boston. Considering staying at the 'Best Western Plus Roundhouse Suites' located at 891 Massachusetts Ave. We understand this is locataed a few kms out but have read the reviews which say there is public transport nearby. We are two families travelling for a total of four weeks so need to keep the prices down (aiming at under $200 per room per night - with two double beds in each room).

Very much appreciate any advise.

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
17,429 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Accomodation at 'Best Western Plus Roundhouse Suites'

Although September is very busy and prices may be high, I would look to find something more central if you can. This is not a very nice neighborhood and you will enjoy staying in Downtown or Back Bay much better.

Boston
Level Contributor
7,002 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Accomodation at 'Best Western Plus Roundhouse Suites'

Lousy location.

Quincy...
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
6,336 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Accomodation at 'Best Western Plus Roundhouse Suites'

It is technically true that there is public transportation there. The Route 1 bus, which is one of the busiest on the system, so the schedule is fairly frequent.

However, it's a very unpleasant part of the city. There are industrial areas, a huge highway interchange and a lot of panhandlers in that area. It's not really unsafe, just really ugly. It's about a 25 minute walk from there to the Back Bay if you don't want to wait for the bus.

I can't tell you what to do, but if you are not prepared to deal with the "gritty, urban" side of life in a big city, you might want to find another option.

Richmond
Level Contributor
24 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Accomodation at 'Best Western Plus Roundhouse Suites'

Have you considered maybe renting a condo? Both families could split the cost and keep meal costs down, since you could eat in from time to time. I have to admit, I am biased to renting vacation properties over staying in a hotel. I used VRBO to find the condo I used when I visited Boston last spring. I found the process easy and was able to get a great condo in a perfect location. I saved alot of $$$ by not having to eat out all the time, although I still managed to go to some great restaurants in the area.

Australia
Level Contributor
23 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Accomodation at 'Best Western Plus Roundhouse Suites'

Thanks for your responses. We will def reconsider location

Dallas, Texas
Destination Expert
for Boston, Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
29,288 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Accomodation at 'Best Western Plus Roundhouse Suites'

Look elsewhere indeed.

7. Re: Accomodation at 'Best Western Plus Roundhouse Suites'

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 April 2014, 06:16