We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Irish Bars and Live Music Spots

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
18 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Best Irish Bars and Live Music Spots

I am heading to Boston for the first time in June with 10 guys all in our mid-40s to early 50s. We are staying in the Back Bay area but are open to taking a cab anywhere else in the city. Friday and Saturday nights we would like to take in some of Boston's finest Irish bars and possibly hear some live rock music performed by local groups. Interested in some lively, fun places. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
6,395 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Irish Bars and Live Music Spots

For live music consider Cambridge -- TT's, Middle East, Passim, haven't been to the Sinclair just yet.

Boston...
Level Contributor
1,586 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Irish Bars and Live Music Spots

My friends from Ireland go to the banshee in dorchester.

Boston
Level Contributor
955 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Irish Bars and Live Music Spots

Some of the Irish pubs in Back Bay on Boylston St are Lir; Solas (inside Lenox Hotel); McGreevy's (more of a sports bar atmosphere).

The Lansdowne is over by Fenway Park. The Kinsale is right across from City Hall Plaza (Government Center, a few blocks north of the Boston Common). If you find yourself over in Dorchester the Banshee is a good one as a previous poster mentioned. JJ Foley's in the South End is a past favorite of mine.

There are a couple pub owners who operate multiple places in Boston, their websites are:

www.glynnhospitalitygroup.com

www.somerspubs.com

Boston...
Level Contributor
5,589 posts
237 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Irish Bars and Live Music Spots

Also in Fanueil Hall is the Black Rose. Personally I like The Kinsale.

Scranton...
Level Contributor
75 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best Irish Bars and Live Music Spots

The best Irish bar, in my opinion is The Green Dragon right near Faneuil Hall. The bartenders and servers are all Irish, I love it! I'm not really sure about live bands but they have a very extensive Irish music library. Mcgreevys in back bay has some good food as well.

But no matter where you go, make sure to have a pint of Sam Adams Boston Brick Red, they don't sell it outside of Boston and is quite a tasty brew :)

6. Re: Best Irish Bars and Live Music Spots

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 April 2014, 05:17