We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport Transportation

Texas
Level Contributor
5 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Airport Transportation

I've read previous questions about the best way to get from Logan to Boston hotels, but I'd like some feedback on our specific situation.

We will be staying at the Residence Inn Tudor Wharf. I'd prefer to take public transportation from the airport to our hotel, but we are arriving during the afternoon rush hour and our family includes 3 children (10,8,4). Is it feasible for us to take the train or the bus from Logan to our hotel (or near it)? Otherwise, we will need to take 2 taxis. Any estimates on taxi fare from Logan to the Residence Inn?

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
24,083 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Airport Transportation

I think at that time, with three kids and luggage, I would go with the 2 cabs which will be $30 - $35 each.

To get to your hotel will require a couple of transportation changes. Silver line bus to south station, red line subway one stop to downtown crossing, orange line subway to north station or community college and a bus or 15 minute walk to hotel. (Or you can start with shuttle bus to blow line to orange line ...)

Edited: 16 May 2013, 11:17
Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
24,083 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Airport Transportation

Also consider the water taxi ... Bus to taxi doc and boat to near you hotel. I think that is $10 per person.

boston, ma
Level Contributor
1,016 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Airport Transportation

I'm usually a fan of public transportation but to this location in a strange city with 3 kids and luggage you are probably better off with a taxi. You may be able to get a van that would hold everyone in one vehicle. Ask the dispatcher at the taxi stand. If you really want to attempt it via the T, the most direct way is to take the Massport shuttle to the Blue Line subway station, the Blue Line to State Sta., and then upstairs to a Charlestown bus (#92 or #93) on Congress St. The bus should stop right near the hotel. Buses and subway are all handicapped accessible so luggage handling is made easier. The adult fare is $2.50 on the subway and $2.00 on the bus. If you can get a Charlie Card from the attendant at the Airport Sta., the fare is just $2.00 with free bus transfer. The children (age 11 and under) are free.

Once you are at the hotel, a great walk downtown with 3 kids is thru Paul Revere Park and across the Charles River dam. Ask the hotel concierge for details if it isn't obvious where to go.

Edited: 16 May 2013, 12:57
Quincy...
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
6,116 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Airport Transportation

If you decided to take public transit, the Water Taxi is probably your most convenient bet. They stop at Logan and they have a stop at Tudor Wharf. It's probably not that far a walk from that point. You'd still need to take the free shuttle bus at Logan from the terminal to the Water Taxi Stop, though.

https://www.citywatertaxi.com/taxi_stops.html

Texas
Level Contributor
5 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Airport Transportation

Thanks all for the good suggestions. I appreciate the details of what trains, bus, etc. that we need to take. I think we will take taxi or van to the hotel, but may use public transit on our return trip to the airport.

6. Re: Airport Transportation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 May 2014, 05:18