We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

One or two days?? Help!

London
Level Contributor
168 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
One or two days?? Help!

hi guys,

I hope you will help me make up my mind...I am coming to Boston from London at the end of June. We will land at around 2.30pm and will hopefully be in town by 4. We have booked an hotel in the back bay area for the night and where thinking about taking a train to NY around 9pm the day after. We are staying in NY for 3 full days and then flying to Chicago.

Will one day plus a bit of the day we land be enough? Do we need to spend an additional day in Boston? We could cut our days in NY to 2 and have 2 and half days in Boston instead but I am not sure and can't make up my mind!

I hope you will be able to help, thanks in advance.

Maria

Boston
Level Contributor
6,562 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: One or two days?? Help!

No, that is not enough time to see much in Boston, but 3 days isn't too much for NYC. So, it's up to you. Maybe prioritize things you want to see/do in each city and plan accordingly.

Boston...
Level Contributor
5,479 posts
236 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: One or two days?? Help!

I'd add an extra day to Boston, but then again, I'm not a fan of NYC.

Quincy...
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
6,006 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: One or two days?? Help!

If I take your question literally, you do not NEED to spend an extra day in Boston. You won't have all that much time to see very much of the city in the time you are here, but that's a decision you need to make yourself. You could probably walk the Freedom Trail if you got an early start, and maybe get to a museum. That would be about it.

Hollis, New...
Level Contributor
4,669 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: One or two days?? Help!

Ditto what bmoruzzi said.

New York is obviously a fantastic city, with more to offer than almost any other city in the world, but Boston has a lot to offer and is, in my opinion, a far more agreeable place to be.

London
Level Contributor
168 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: One or two days?? Help!

Thanks guys, I am even more confused now though!

we have been to NY already but we feel there is always something to do there, having never been to Boston i am tempted to stay a bit longer...but the again, if I like it i would probably come again and take the opportunity to travel around the surrounding areas a bit more..

Quincy...
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
6,006 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: One or two days?? Help!

Well, there's always something to do in Boston as well. If you've never been here before and you've been to NYC before, why not take the extra time here? Problem solved.

MA
Destination Expert
for New England
Level Contributor
6,322 posts
198 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: One or two days?? Help!

Well, no of course one day is not enough to see a city. But, you need to work with the time you have. If you really enjoy history, I would suggest spending the extra day in Boston. If you really enjoy shopping, nightlife and restaurants, spend the extra day in NYC.

8. Re: One or two days?? Help!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 May 2014, 06:17