We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The best way to go in Fenway Park??

Which Boston hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Quebec /Canada
10 posts
Save Topic
The best way to go in Fenway Park??

Hello! I will going in Boston for the first time on July and i would like to have the better way and Safe Parking for visiting the city. We will stay in Ogunquit and we would like to go in Boston for 1 day and we want to know the price approximatly for a taxi From Lynn Wall Mart to Fenway Park.

Thank you!!!

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
22 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: The best way to go in Fenway Park??

Hi

I would advise driving into the city and parking in the Back Bay at either the Prudential Garage or the parking garage between Bukowskis and Summer Shack on Dalton Street.

Each is $10-12 when you surrender your gameday ticket.

Short 5-10 minute walk from there to Fenway

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
29 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: The best way to go in Fenway Park??

Your other option is to take the subway or train. You could drive to Wellington Station in Medford on the Orange LIne and for $1.25 you could be at Fenway in 30 minutes. You could also take the commuter rail from Lynn. Check www.mbta.com for details.

Have fun!

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
1,112 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: The best way to go in Fenway Park??

Just down the road (Rt. 1A) from Lynn is the Wonderland T stop in Revere. This is on the Blue Line. Take the Blue Line INBOUND to Government Center, (10 stops since you're going from end to end)

then change for a WESTBOUND train, either the B, C, or D lines. Get off at Kenmore Square (5 stops).

A taxi from Lynn would be rather expensive, and then you're faced with the hassle of finding a cab to get you out of town once the game is over. That would be a nightmare. This way you can just walk back to Kenmore and make your way back to Wonderland to your car.

FYI: The T is making a switchover from token turnstiles to debit card ones. That means the turnstiles at Wonderland are not the same as the ones Kenmore. Before you exit the station at Kenmore, buy a token so that you don't have to stand in a long line on the return end.

Anyone else out in Forum-land: has the Kenmore T station gotten the new Charlie Card turnstiles installed? I haven't been down there since last Red Sox season, and my monthly Charlie Pass works in both the new and old machines.

Quincy...
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
5,919 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: The best way to go in Fenway Park??

Hi Daquiri,

I agree 100% with BeansandCod. Drive the extra mile to Wonderland station and park there and take the Blue Line. That is by far the easiest , quickest, and least expensive option for you.

And no, Kenmore is NOT yet on the Charlie Card. When you get to Wonderland, only buy enough for one way to Boston. Do NOT buy a round-trip ticket at Wonderland. When you get out at Kenmore, if you can, stop and buy a token for the trip back before you leave the station. That will save you a LOT of time.

Quebec /Canada
10 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: The best way to go in Fenway Park??

Thank you!!!!. We very happy for the many answers.

Springfield...
Level Contributor
198 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: The best way to go in Fenway Park??

is anyone familiar with the parking area under Best Buy near Fenway Park? We would like to park there for the day and then go to the game at night. Any info as far as how long the garage is open and the cost would be helpful. thanks

7. Re: The best way to go in Fenway Park??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 August 2009, 09:17