We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Omni parker or Hilton Downtown/Financial district

Australia
Level Contributor
204 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Omni parker or Hilton Downtown/Financial district

Hi,

I'm looking at accommodation for a few nights in late December for a family of 6 (2 adults and 4 kids up to 12 years). The Omni Parker and Hilton Financial District have 1 bedroom suites (2 doubles and a sofa).

Can anyone recommend which one would be better?

Thanks,

Boston...
Level Contributor
1,586 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Omni parker or Hilton Downtown/Financial district

The Parker House will put you closer to the Christmas lights on The Common. Very historic hotel and during Dec, no doubt a great place and area to be.

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
16,612 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Omni parker or Hilton Downtown/Financial district

The Parker House in the winter will be a little more central for you, but bear in mind the two hotels are only a 10 minute walk apart. For the summertime, the Hilton is closer to the Harbor.

Scranton...
Level Contributor
72 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Omni parker or Hilton Downtown/Financial district

I've stayed at the Parker House in December and I loved it! Such a short walk to everything, and we walked everywhere. Commons and Quincy Market both around a 10 minute walk, and it's such a beautiful historic area.

Happy planning!

Australia
Level Contributor
204 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Omni parker or Hilton Downtown/Financial district

Thanks all for your replies. I read that the Parker House can be a bit small, so I had another think. The Sheraton and the Hilton Back Bay (2 rooms, each with 2 double beds) works out to be comparable price as the 1 bedroom at the Parker House. We'll be going in winter (between Christmas and New Years, still thinking about the dates, but thinking of 2 nights).

I'm leaning towards the Hilton as the rooms seem slightly bigger than the Sheraton. Or should I just stick with the Parker House?

Thanks.

Boston...
Level Contributor
1,586 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Omni parker or Hilton Downtown/Financial district

The smaller rooms at the ph are usually discounted and you can find this out when booking. If you're worried go with the Hilton. You're not far from Faneuil hall or the common. The area at night is more quiet then around the ph, less cars and foot traffic.

Scranton...
Level Contributor
72 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Omni parker or Hilton Downtown/Financial district

In December, if you book directly through The Omni's site you could get a great deal. I paid only $160 a night for a deluxe king which was not small at all, overlooking the Kings Chapel burying Grounds, and for Boston that's a fantastic deal. I'd hold off for a while on making reservations as the prices are still a little high. I usually book in October for December.

Kent, Connecticut
Destination Expert
for Provincetown, Wellfleet
Level Contributor
5,233 posts
227 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Omni parker or Hilton Downtown/Financial district

I have stayed a few times at the Parker House and can recommend it. It is an older hotel but has a lot of history and charm. The location can't be beat.

Australia
Level Contributor
204 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Omni parker or Hilton Downtown/Financial district

Thanks for your replies. I will keep an eye on the rates in the coming months for the Parker House.

Boston
Level Contributor
6,500 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Omni parker or Hilton Downtown/Financial district

The huge, hi-rise Sheraton could not be more unlike the Parker House, but an advantage it has in winter is that it is part of an indoor shopping center (Prudential Center) that connects to another indoor shopping center (Copley Place), so if it is nasty out you have some handy indoor dining and shopping options, plus direct subway access.

Australia
Level Contributor
204 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Omni parker or Hilton Downtown/Financial district

Thanks Cabinet. Will keep that in mind (and do some more research on the weather and appropriate clothing/footwear etc).

I think I will make some bookings that will allow cancellations, and keep an eye on the prices in the coming months, and will compare.