We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best area for young couple

Etobicoke, Ontario...
3 posts
Save Topic
Best area for young couple

My husband and I are traveling to Boston for a week. I was there several years ago, but did not stay in Boston. We are looking for a fun area, good shopping, easy access to things, we will have a car but don't really want to use it often. Any suggestions.

I AM Books
Gift & Speciality Shops
Russian Dolls
Gift & Speciality Shops
Old Japan
Gift & Speciality Shops
Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
17,423 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Best area for young couple

Easy access to what things?

Etobicoke, Ontario...
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Best area for young couple

Shopping, restaurants, Fenway....

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
17,423 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Best area for young couple

Well, the main shopping and Fenway are in Back Bay. The Copley Square or Prudential Center Areas should work for you.

Mentioned in this post
Back Bay
Back Bay
430 Reviews
Boston, MA
Boston...
Destination Expert
for Killington
Level Contributor
2,093 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best area for young couple

If you're coming for a whole week, you should really invest in the measly $15 or so for a Boston guidebook. That will give you a great overview of what to do, where to stay, where to eat, etc. Most come with a map as well. Then come back here with questions to fine-tune your trip! It's really the best way to plan.

Boston...
Level Contributor
422 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Best area for young couple

I agree, Back Bay would be your best bet. Short walk to Fenway, and you would be right at Newbury Street, Prudential Center, Copley Mall, great bars and restaurants, etc. It's such a central and great location. Parking is expensive, however.

Mentioned in this post
Back Bay
Back Bay
430 Reviews
Boston, MA
Prudential Center
Prudential Center
1,415 Reviews
Boston, MA
Dallas, Texas...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
24,324 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best area for young couple

Another vote for Back Bay. It's a nice neighborhood for strolling and shopping, and you can walk to other areas of Boston (or take the T). The most affordable parking that is reasonably convenient to that area is probably the Boston Common garage.

The Quincy Market area is also a fun spot. Really, Boston is compact so there are a number of good areas to stay. If you have a budget in mind and know your exact dates, it may come down to which hotel seems most appealing at the best price.

Mentioned in this post
Back Bay
Back Bay
430 Reviews
Boston, MA
Quincy Market
Quincy Market
2,844 Reviews
Boston, MA
Northern Ireland
Level Contributor
1,636 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best area for young couple

Back Bay sounds like the best option for you. But Boston is so compact that you could choose based on your preferred hotel and nowhere is inaccessible. My other suggestion would be Quincy Market/Faneuil Hall area. Further away from Fenway, but 5 minutes from waterfront, 5 mins from North End (Little Italy), close to Boston Common, easy walk to Beacon Hill and right on the Freedom Trail etc etc. Oh, and plenty of bars and restaurants right on your doorstep.

Mentioned in this post
Back Bay
Back Bay
430 Reviews
Boston, MA
Quincy Market
Quincy Market
2,844 Reviews
Boston, MA
Freedom Trail
Freedom Trail
14,283 Reviews
Boston, MA
Etobicoke, Ontario...
3 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Best area for young couple

Thanks everyone for the suggestions. We are looking to rent a condo for the week or at least a couple days. I love everything Boston and the East Coast. I will definitely looking into all the helpful suggestions.

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
6,457 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best area for young couple

Welcome to the forum. We look forward to your questions.

If you get a condo, see if they include parking. Hotels typically charge in the $35-$40 per day range so that cost can add up. Once you know where you are staying and if parking is not included, we can generate some more economical parking solutions if you desire.

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
17,423 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Best area for young couple

FYI: Many hotels now charge $42-45 a night for parking.