We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Old Town vs Upper Deck Trolley Tours

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
138 posts
72 reviews
Save Topic
Old Town vs Upper Deck Trolley Tours

Ok, which is really better. I want to see everything and both offer a two-day special. So.....which is better.

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
6,398 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Old Town vs Upper Deck Trolley Tours

Old Town is the one most recommended here. You could check out Yelp reviews too. I wonder if anyone has taken both tours and could compare the two for you.

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for North Conway
Level Contributor
12,146 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Old Town vs Upper Deck Trolley Tours

Everyone I have ever talked to wished they had taken the other one.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
138 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Old Town vs Upper Deck Trolley Tours

Not much help here today.

Boston
Level Contributor
6,673 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Old Town vs Upper Deck Trolley Tours

I'm imagining they probably do about the same route. I would look into frequency. The more frequently they come along, the less you will have to wait to "hop on."

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
6,398 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Old Town vs Upper Deck Trolley Tours

Sorry we can't give you a definitive answer. Best we can do, is suggest you read the reviews of both companies and have you make your decision from there.

Iowa
Level Contributor
183 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Old Town vs Upper Deck Trolley Tours

We did the Old Town and their trollies were all more crowded than any of the other ones - not a bad thing, just they seemed to be used by more people. We liked the short cruise that was included with the Old Town and the two-day deal also. None of the tours can go directly by some of the interesting things, so plan on walking to see the Old North Church, Paul Revere's house, etc. We enjoyed the walk in the north end area and it helped that we took the trolley first to see the overall picture. The Old Town does not go by Harvard, but I think one of the others do. The only complaint I would have about the Old Town is that the seats were uncomfortable and there wasn't much knee room. Overall I would recommend it but I did not do the other ones so ????

7. Re: Old Town vs Upper Deck Trolley Tours

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 June 2014, 06:15