We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

North End Parking

Muncie, IN
Level Contributor
109 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
North End Parking

Hi all! My husband and I are traveling to Boston for one day/night this summer and are staying at a place a little outside of the city. We will be doing most of our stuff in the North End and I was wondering about parking. I have heard the North End is a tough place to park and we do NOT want to be towed. Any garages or public lots that are good?

Thanks for any help!

Hollis, New...
Level Contributor
4,673 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: North End Parking

Although there may be better options, which you might hear about from somebody who actually parks in the North End, I would look to park at Government Center Garage or possibly Parcel 7 Garage. I suggest you go to Google Maps and enter "Boston parking garages" in the search field. The two I mentioned come up as A and B when I do it.

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
4,938 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: North End Parking

What day of the week? Parking is a little easier IF it is a weekend AND IF there is no event at the TDGarden.

It might be easier to park your car at a subway lot and take the T into Boston depending on where you are staying and what day of the week you will be coming into the city.

Muncie, IN
Level Contributor
109 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: North End Parking

Thank you! I looked up Government Garage and got a day permit for the Friday we will be there AND they were running an internet special so I got it for just $18!! Do you happen to know if we leave the garage if we can re-enter with the same permit if it is a day permit?

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
24,445 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: North End Parking

Wow! I never knew ther was a day permit. Last time I parked there it was for about 4 hours and cost $32 or $36.

There really is no reason to go in and out. Leave the car and take public transportation while in the city.

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
17,174 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: North End Parking

Are you SURE that it's for the Government Center Garage in Boston? Never heard of a day permit and they usually get to their maximum in just a few hours. If you found some secret web site, it would be nice to share it with us.

Muncie, IN
Level Contributor
109 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: North End Parking

I got it off this website for the Government Center Garage in downtown Boston "just steps from TD" and it has on it's home page an option to purchase "daily parking" www.governmentcentergarage.com/index.html

The special for $18 Fridays with the code FS18 was for online purchases only. It's legit right? Haha they emailed me the permit and everything!

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
17,174 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: North End Parking

I couldn't find what you found, but I DO have some news. They offer long term parking for $15 a day (with a 3-day minimum). That really is a big deal!

Boston...
Level Contributor
5,907 posts
259 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: North End Parking

Great find. Where did you get the access code from? It's $36 without the code, but I saw $18 with it.

Muncie, IN
Level Contributor
109 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: North End Parking

The code was actually popped up in a random ad when I was searching a different parking garage! It came up that FS18 would get you $18 parking for a day on Friday's only to be used online only!

Toronto Canada
Level Contributor
159 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: North End Parking

Alanm, where did you find the long term parking for $15 a day? I can't find it on the site.

We need parking for 4 days end of the month.