We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Boston Opera House Dress Circle "Limited" View?

Louisa, Virginia
Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
Save Topic
Boston Opera House Dress Circle "Limited" View?

Looking at getting tickets for Wicked and came across Dress Circle seats but they are "limited" view all the way to the right. Does anyone know what this means? I kept seeing that Dress circle were some of the best seats in the house so I'm a little confused. Should I go with Orchestra Row M instead?

TIA!

Winchester...
Level Contributor
6,213 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Boston Opera House Dress Circle "Limited" View?

My guess is that your view could be obstructed by the railing holding the spotlights, based on my analysis.

irwinseating.com/assets/Uploads/install-imag…

Haverhill...
Level Contributor
1,172 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Boston Opera House Dress Circle "Limited" View?

My guess would be, because of the staging of the show, sitting to the extreeme right or left of the stage, there might be some obstruction, where as, the entire set might not be in view.

St. Petersburg...
Level Contributor
61 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Boston Opera House Dress Circle "Limited" View?

I had the same questions. Thanks. Think I'll pony up the extra.

St. Petersburg...
Level Contributor
61 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Boston Opera House Dress Circle "Limited" View?

Traveling to Boston this week and had the same question! Thank you all. Probably should pony up the extra dough.

Haverhill...
Level Contributor
1,172 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Boston Opera House Dress Circle "Limited" View?

FYI, you don't want to be too far back in the Orchestra. The balcony overhangs it, and the farther back, the worse the sound. a more centered seat in the dress circle would be better than row M in the orchestra, but row M is a good seat. My wife and daughter just saw the show and really enjoyed it.

Quincy...
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
6,061 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Boston Opera House Dress Circle "Limited" View?

Dress Circle seating is excellent, IF you are towards the center. If these are all the way to the right or left, you won't see that part of the stage very well. If you can afford it, move more towards the center.

7. Re: Boston Opera House Dress Circle "Limited" View?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 August 2014, 05:16