We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best inexpensive Sox tickets

Saint Louis...
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Best inexpensive Sox tickets

Coming to town for the July 22nd game and for my 40th the wife is taking me to the game. We did the Fenway tour last year (incredible)

Are bleachers the way to go and if so is section 40 the best ?

Or are we better off looking at grandstand. I was just on stubhub and trying to stay around the $50ish or less per ticket for the two of us.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Winchester...
Level Contributor
6,213 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best inexpensive Sox tickets

you can buy tickets for that game online on the redsox website.

two bleacher seat tickets for a total of $72 (include processing fees).

many good seats available all prices.

avoid right field grandstand.

Stow, Massachusetts
Level Contributor
21 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Best inexpensive Sox tickets

Infield grandstand tickets are $55/each and, I think, offer a much better view of the game than bleacher seats, but bleachers are a bit less money as Thomas pointed out. There are infield grandstand seats available for that game on the Red Sox website as well. I believe it offered section 27 row 16 when I inquired. Row 16 is pretty much, if not, the last row for grandstand seats.

I have seen many good, grandstand tickets (lower rows) sell for below face value on StubHub and Craig's List on or right before game day this year. It might be worth a look to see if you can get good seats for a good value that way as well.

Quincy...
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
6,083 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best inexpensive Sox tickets

Stay out of the Grandstand sections 1-10. If you have a choice between those areas or the Bleachers, choose a Bleacher seat.

Boston...
Level Contributor
1,523 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best inexpensive Sox tickets

Grandstands can be okay if you are in the lower part of the section but you also have to watch out for obstructed view seats

Bleachers aren't bad seats at all. The worst part, if you tend to get up a lot, is to watch out for the middle of the row. They tend to be quite a few seats and you will have to squeeze by quite a few people to get in and out.

Great site for checking out seats: http://www.preciseseating.com/fenwaypark2.php

Fairhaven...
Destination Expert
for New Bedford
Level Contributor
1,792 posts
242 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best inexpensive Sox tickets

Don't buy Grandstand tickets from just beyond first base out to right field. Those seats are the pits. They face right field so you have to look over your left shoulder to watch the game. Hate them! Bleacher seats instead of Grandstand in those sections any day. Stay away from Craigslist, too. I would try the Sox site first then Subhub or Ace Ticket.

Saint Louis...
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Best inexpensive Sox tickets

Thanks for the assistance and input! Ill even wear a Sox hat instead of my traditional STL cap ! Cant wait!

Illinois
Level Contributor
1,413 posts
253 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best inexpensive Sox tickets

Gosh, I wish I knew all this info before I had bought our right grandstand seats! We were there 10 days ago, section 7, right grandstand and my seat was right behind a pole. Never once did anything come up about "obstructed view" when I was searching for/purchasing tickets. But, we only paid $30/seat, my family was happy to be at Fenway, and I don't really care about baseball so I didn't mind having to peek around a pole.

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
6,399 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best inexpensive Sox tickets

Unfortunately, the only seats the Sox consider 'obstructed' are: OBSTRUCTED VIEW

Obstructed View seats are situated behind a permanent structure which will block views of the home plate area, pitching mound area, or both. Seats may also be severely obstructed by other non-permanent devices such as moving cameras, personnel, or fans.

Boston...
Level Contributor
1,586 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best inexpensive Sox tickets

Bleachers are fine and the first few sections in the grandstands next to the bleachers are also fine.

Cleveland Ohio
Level Contributor
33 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Best inexpensive Sox tickets

Just went to my first game at Fenway on Wednesday. We sat in bleacher section 41 row 14 aisle seats and paid about $35 ea on stubhub. I have no complaints at all on the seats and we had a fantastic view of the action, the scoreboard, and the best fans in baseball! I couldn't believe how much time I spent analyzing what section of the bleachers to pick - the sections here are very small and close together so it doesn't make a huge difference.