We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sports/ Red Sox Bar Recommendation

Which Boston hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Buffalo, NY
Level Contributor
64 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Sports/ Red Sox Bar Recommendation

What are your favorite sports bars for watching Red Sox games? We'll be arriving too late to catch tomorrow's game in person but want to grab a burger & beer and catch the game on tv after checking in to the hotel.

Thanks in advance!

Hollis, New...
Level Contributor
4,669 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sports/ Red Sox Bar Recommendation

My favorite place would be in my hotel room, but if you want suggestions from people who like watching the game in a bar, you should probably say what hotel you're staying in.

Buffalo, NY
Level Contributor
64 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sports/ Red Sox Bar Recommendation

Good point - we are staying at the Boston park Plaza @ 50 Park Plaza & Arlington. Sorry!

Boston...
Level Contributor
5,132 posts
221 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sports/ Red Sox Bar Recommendation

I'd go right by Fenway to Cask n Flagon or Boston Beer Works.

Boston...
Level Contributor
1,514 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sports/ Red Sox Bar Recommendation

Almost every bar in town will have it on. Bars around Fenway often offer a good "game-like" atmosphere.

If it is nice out Jerry Remy's has a roof deck and inside isn't bad as well. Yard House has a nice patio and a great beer selection which you can get in 1/2 yard sizes. Cask N Flagon is a good ol' standby. There are many others around Fenway so you could even hit up a few places if you want.

Hollis, New...
Level Contributor
4,669 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sports/ Red Sox Bar Recommendation

Again, I might not be the best person to be involved in this thread because I almost never go to a bar to watch a game. Still... the suggestions above make sense (I much prefer the Beer Works to the Cask and Flagon) if the OP really wants to be in the shadow of Fenway and soak up the game-night vibe. But he/she is arriving too late to make it to the game, and it would take close to a half hour to get from the Park Plaza to any of the places mentioned. Then after the game there would be the crowds making it time-consuming (not to say unpleasant) to get back to the hotel.

If that's really what the OP is looking for, fine, but for me--even if I were intent on watching the game in a sports bar--if I were tired after traveling and really interested in seeing as much of the game as possible, I would certainly find a place close to (or in) my hotel. I can't really recommend any, but there are lots of them.

Edited: 02 July 2013, 23:23
6. Re: Sports/ Red Sox Bar Recommendation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 July 2014, 06:18