We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Andover visit July 15-27 for business. Boston sites?

Seattle
3 posts
Save Topic
Andover visit July 15-27 for business. Boston sites?

I will be in Andover for business from July 15 thorugh the 27th. I will have a free weekend and want to visit Boston as I have never been on the east coast. I am kind of a history buff and love people watching. Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
16,761 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Andover visit July 15-27 for business. Boston sites?

What kinds of suggestions are you expecting? What do you want to do? Are you driving in?Are you looking for tours?

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
23,627 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Andover visit July 15-27 for business. Boston sites?

For history buffs the freedom trail is a must

Dallas, Texas...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
22,482 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Andover visit July 15-27 for business. Boston sites?

Agree. Freedom Trail is a must. Also plan on exploring Beacon Hill on foot, and spending additional time in the North End, exploring on foot (the FT will take you there, but it's well worth walking "outside the box" and doing further exploration). Eat a meal in the North End. It's Boston's "Little Italy" with lots of great food.

Seattle
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Andover visit July 15-27 for business. Boston sites?

Places to see, also a good place to have a lobster dinner would be great.

Seattle
3 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Andover visit July 15-27 for business. Boston sites?

Yes I will be driving in. So parking advice would also be welcom as well. Thank you for your help I appreciate it.

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
6,390 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Andover visit July 15-27 for business. Boston sites?

Welcome to the forum! When you get a moment check out our Top Questions links on the right to give you some ideas of what to do. Will you only have two days available? The Freedom Trail would be a must for your history request, for people watching you should check out the North End, the Rose F. Kennedy Greenway, or Faneuil Hall and as for parking there are plenty of garages - the Boston Common Garage may be a good central spot for you.

Woburn...
Level Contributor
232 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Andover visit July 15-27 for business. Boston sites?

I definitely agree with the suggestions of the Freedom Trail and the North End. If you are staying in Andover, don't bother looking in Boston for a great lobster dinner. Joe Fish in North Andover serves great lobster. I am assuming you will have a car so you could also head to Essex Ma and have a great lobster dinner at the Village Restaurant.

MA
Destination Expert
for New England
Level Contributor
6,409 posts
201 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Andover visit July 15-27 for business. Boston sites?

Concord and Lexington, if you are interested in Revolutionary War history.

9. Re: Andover visit July 15-27 for business. Boston sites?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 July 2014, 06:18