We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

3.5* Back Bay area Hotel on Last minute travel

Caribbean
Level Contributor
86 posts
195 reviews
Save Topic
3.5* Back Bay area Hotel on Last minute travel

This hotel is available on request for $119 per night. The price is obviously very good and I probably won't get it but just in case, does anyone know the hotel and if it is any good?

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
23,234 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 3.5* Back Bay area Hotel on Last minute travel

We need a bit mire info. What are your exact dates and how many people. With thAt info I can look it up and hopefully see photos and I'D the hotel

Caribbean
Level Contributor
86 posts
195 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 3.5* Back Bay area Hotel on Last minute travel

1 room, 2 people, 3rd August x 4 nights

Boston...
Level Contributor
7,242 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: 3.5* Back Bay area Hotel on Last minute travel

It's the Park Plaza. Be aware that some of the rooms are quite small.

Dallas, Texas...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
21,900 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 3.5* Back Bay area Hotel on Last minute travel

Yes, they have a category of room called "petite" that is very small with just a double bed. That's also an "On Request" rate vs "Available". On Request rates aren't always updated to realistic prices (possibly the fault of the hotel). It may be a long shot and I've heard mixed reviews of the whole "On Request" experience with LMT.

Expedia has the PP petite room for $176, so you may actually get the "On Request" rate. You'll have to wait 48 hours to know for sure. But, then again, every other category of room is sold out... so it may be a long shot.

If you let forum members know your max budget, you might get some other suggestions. It's last-minute booking and a popular time to visit. Don't let that "On Request" rate affect your expectations of what you'll need to spend.

The best deal I see "Available" on LMT would be the $210 4 star in Back Bay with 1,216 guestrooms. That's the Sheraton Boston.

Caribbean
Level Contributor
86 posts
195 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 3.5* Back Bay area Hotel on Last minute travel

Many thanks for the info. May go for the Sheraton you mentioned on LMT; don't want a tiny room even if we are out all day.

Boston...
Level Contributor
24 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 3.5* Back Bay area Hotel on Last minute travel

Hopefully you picked & got the Sheraton, you'll love it there! I stayed there during the holidays for under $200 and it was the best best location for dining & shopping in the entire City. I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again. I found it to be a very clean hotel & the people that work there couldn't do enough for us. The rooms are a decent size as well, for downtown Boston. Good luck & have a wonderful time!

Caribbean
Level Contributor
86 posts
195 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 3.5* Back Bay area Hotel on Last minute travel

Thank you everyone for you responses. I am still vacillating as is normal for me because as soon as I book something I find something better..or think I do! I found a 5* on Hotwire now for $204 in Quincy Market/Financial District...so am continuing to make my decision harder!

Dallas, Texas...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
21,900 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 3.5* Back Bay area Hotel on Last minute travel

I'm not an expert on Hotwire hotels, but that looks like it is probably the Langham. Check Betterbidding.com info about Hotwire's Boston hotels. The Pet friendly helps narrow it down and Better Bidding has more detailed amenity list matching.

That's a VERY nice hotel in the middle of the Financial District. It's an easy walk to more lively areas.

Southern Maine
Destination Expert
for Maine
Level Contributor
3,732 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 3.5* Back Bay area Hotel on Last minute travel

With checking in on Aug.3 and out on the 7th, I just found the Marriott Copley Place on LMT for $152/night. It's listed as a 3.5 star. This would be a great choice. It is "on request," but worth a call. I have always done better by calling. Just be prepared to wait on hold for a while!

ontario
Level Contributor
83 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: 3.5* Back Bay area Hotel on Last minute travel

Can someone please explain fully what 'on request' means for hotels on LMT. Thanks in advance